I need a reality check

Ok my meds were lowered again recently to alleviate side effects. Tonight I’m smelling wine like it’s right underneath my nose. There’s no wine anywhere near me. I don’t drink. This only happened unmedicated. Time to call the pdoc right? I asked her if I can go back up to my last dose if this dose doesn’t seem like enough and she said yes.

2 Likes

I don’t know. Smelling wine doesn’t really seem like all that bad of a thing to me. I guess, if it bothers you, do what you need to do to try to get rid of it. Doesn’t seem like the kind of hallucination that I would be in some big rush to get rid of myself. Doesn’t seem that harmful.

2 Likes

Thanks @Bowens. It doesn’t make want to drink either.

1 Like

Yeah, if you were an alcoholic or something, I could see the problem there.

1 Like

Not long after I posted this I started tasting alcohol. So, I put a call in for my pdoc. I’ll probably get a call from a nurse tomorrow and she’ll relay my message.

1 Like

Sorry. I meant to hit the reply button at the bottom of the pag page. I thought I had been doing well with that.

1 Like

It’s not a big deal @SpringRose

1 Like

I don’t know. I think these kind of imaginations that you perceive a smell that isn’t there is common even amongst people who don’t have a mental illness. If you think about something that has a certain smell you could imagine smelling that.

However if it happens constantly that is another thing.

1 Like

Is it red wine? Don’t spill any on the carpet it’s hard to get out.

It lasted an hour and then it stopped.

1 Like

Thanks @Mr_Hope.

1 Like

OK I talked to the nurse. She said I could schedule a call with my psychiatrist. I told her not at this time. It’s because the smells and tasting stopped. They have not come back. So, I seem to be doing OK on 80 mg of Geodon. The side effects haven’t gotten that much better from when I was on 120 mg. However, I think I’ll stay on the Geodon unless there’s a new or bad side effect where I have to change my medication.

1 Like

I agree soon the meds will agree with you spring :rose:

Thanks @columbus.