I Need A Personal Shopper

I got every excuse not to go get groceries, got enough to get by, to many cars in the parking lot, it’s getting to late, to tired, No wonder I eat like crap

1 Like

Does your city have grocery delivery available? My friend has two small kids, and she just gets all her food delivered. She only pays like $5 more for the whole week than she would have spent going to the store, once you account for the cost of gas.

1 Like

you can order on line then pick up, but it’s at the higher priced stores

This is the site she uses

https://www.boxed.com/

Think thats American

I make a competition out of it. I make a list and time myself. Try to get every item I can at the lowest cost and in the least amount of time. This mostly works, except for when I get stuck behind a confused senior who can’t operate the debit machine* and this trashes the hell out of my ‘score’. That’s the one bit of shopping anxiety I have left.

*If you’ve seen them drive you’ll notice they also don’t operate vehicles well, either.

4 Likes

We will all be there someday

2 Likes

The supermarket near me opens at 6am on a Saturday. I tend to go as early as possible to avoid too many people. It’s usually empty at that time.

Not if I eat enough bacon and clog a ventricle. I have no interest in living long enough that someone has to change my Depends.

2 Likes

If I’m the man with a plan…and the plan was to get in a can…is @shutterbug future flame?..

2 Likes

Only if you’re catching. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Lol that sounds like something future me would tell past me…good enough its been proven…this new pixel is actually just me in the future… @Ninjastar call off the ninjas case solved…

2 Likes

I used up most of my can stuff, some soup left, fridge has enough for pancakes and it’s cold outside, people would point and laugh at me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Surely Canada has some kind of grocery delivery service! Or are we Americans really just that lazy?

All of the Canadian snow men are guarding Canada’s borders…there’s no more snowmen left to deliver…

2 Likes

There is but I think the prices are to high, @shutterbug just sent me a link, but I try not to spend more than I have to. Don’t have a big budget, 2017 want to get rid of some of my bills for the business

2 Likes

You should have a Bridgebrand Cash and Carry outlet in your city. You can also hit Wholesale Club and buy large flats of non-perishables and big pieces of meat, which you can portion on your own. Mrs. pixel and I buy a month’s worth of hamburger, pork, and roast at once and then cut it up into smaller packages when we get home. We estimate we save over 75% of what we’d pay in town even after factoring in vehicle costs. These places are faster to get through than a normal supermarket.

2 Likes

just googles it, will shop online with their south store, now I need a new thread, I need a personal delivery person, cleaner, showerer, foot rubber, laundry person, cook, driver…

3 Likes

I go to the one by Chinook Centre about once per month. Some fantastic deals on meat and you can actually get affordable steaks if you’re willing to cut your own sirloins. They have a 50% off area where the ‘almost gone’ veg lives. I like to poach that, take it home to make soup out of, then freeze the batches of soup. Get there early enough and it’s just you and the Asians (who are also early risers). They’re polite and fast shoppers as they all have businesses they are in a hurry to get back to.

1 Like

I have a site just around the corner from the chinook one on 3rd street se

1 Like