I mustn't sleep

I have melatonin but I’m scared to take it because there’s a part of me that doesn’t want to sleep and that part believes the delusion and theirs another part that knows it’s not true and wants to sleep. So far the delusional side has been winning.

Hey @ChildOfFate I want to chime in here too … I hope you don’t mind.

Let’s practice what I keep pushing on you, a bit of positivity. You’re cousin’s prognosis is good. Remember that! I think you’re smarter than this delusion.

You know deep inside that sleep is important, it’s part of leading a healthy lifestyle which leads to recovery. And you want to recover, don’t you.

If you don’t sleep, those monsters are just going to get louder and more annoying. You can prove them wrong by going to sleep now and showing them that nothing bad will happen.

I think you should talk to your therapist and your pdoc about your abilify. 5mg is a sub therapeutic dose and things aren’t improving for you on it, this monster delusion is a new development.

Have you written down what the monsters have been saying? Have you kept a journal of what else is going on in your life, like how school is going? Have you written down how you’re reacting to the monsters and rated your anxiety out of ten. All of these things will help your therapist and pdoc.

Try some deep breathing. Count backwards from ten taking a deep breath with each number.

Now try grounding yourself in reality, where you belong. Try this grounding technique my pdoc gave me …

1. rub your hands together, or rub your feet on the ground
  2. taste something sweet like a lolly, or something with a lot of flavour. Next time you eat really svour the food flavour
  3. look at some of your art
  4. listen to some music you really like
  5. smell your favourite perfume or freshly cleaned clothes.

This will activate your five senses. While you’re doing these things keep telling yourself that nothing else is real, the monsters aren’t real, what it real is what you feel.

Keep us posted. Sorry for the long post.

3 Likes

Nope don’t mind at all.

Okay you are right his prognosis is good.

Yes I do want to recover, but what if something bad does happen then it’s my fault and what if one of the big monsters get out. They could kill someone if someone dies because of them it’s because of me. I don’t want to take that chance.

I’ve been trying to keep a journal sometimes I forget to write in it but I’ve been working on it. I do have a scale now it’s a scale to rate my mood and how close I am to suicide that way my parents can see where I’m at and be able to help. I haven’t gotten on the high end in a while except for once but that was brief.

Ooh I have essential oils in a bottle that I can smell. I forget what’s all in it but I like the smell of it.

Thank you.

1 Like

That’s perfect … I smell patchouli oil when I’m using the technique.

1 Like

You should seek some guidance from your doctor on that one

1 Like

I know I’ll be seeing my pdoc very soon.

1 Like

Very well and good. I wish you luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Your welcome :slight_smile:

I totally understand, because there’s that feeling like if it is just a delusion then there’s no harm in going along with it but if it isn’t a delusion you end up really putting people in danger…

Unfortunately the only way you can really prove to yourself it’s a delusion is to let yourself fall asleep and then realize nothing bad happened. That’s the step to start breaking it.

I totally understand, because there’s that feeling like if it is just a delusion then there’s no harm in going along with it but if it isn’t a delusion you end up really putting people in danger…

Unfortunately the only way you can really prove to yourself it’s a delusion is to let yourself fall asleep and then realize nothing bad happened. That’s the step to start breaking it.

1 Like

It’s so scary though.

@ChildOfFate. It’s really good that you’re not taking your thoughts about the monsters at face value but are instead discussing and analyzing your thoughts with the help of the forum. I think this is an important step, to do some reality checking on your thoughts.

You do need to get some sleep though! :sleeping:

2 Likes

Okay okay reality check. I think I can do this. I know that it is a delusion that’s the first step. Now we have to build off of there. How do I know it’s a delusion? because I’m a normal human. Normal humans don’t have energy that block monsters. It only makes sense to me and when it only makes sense to you and not others it proves it’s a delusion. Okay now that I have proved it’s a delusion we um I don’t know. I don’t know the right word, but we continue on. Because it’s a delusion it’s not true for a delusion is a false belief. Due to it being false anything that it says is going to happen won’t happen. So going off of that if it says bad things will happen bad things won’t happen because it’s false. What it says is false. So if we add that all up it says that bad things won’t happen when I fall asleep. Right?

3 Likes

I dunno if that was a reality check but it helped.

1 Like

Right! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay now I have to just remember this when I go to sleep and I should be okay.

2 Likes