I miss work

I haven’t worked since May of 2012, but still really miss it.

1 Like

I missed work too, until recently I hadn’t had an official job since around 2002-2003 but I simply couldn’t do it when I was on 40mg of olanzapine. Now that I am on 60mg of Lurasidone I am feeling better so I decided I wanted to get a real job again.

I gave up looking for high stress, demanding jobs that people consider upwardly mobile. I’m just a delivery driver. It’s not an impressive sounding job but just a simple job that pays decently that I can do with no stress. I’m happy with that. I’m soon going to be able to buy the computer chair I’ve wanted for a long time, and I just found out they released a new version that I want even more.

What do I need a high paying, high profile impressive stressful job for? To impress the friends I don’t have or the girls that won’t date me because I have schizophrenia.

3 Likes

Yea now I cant on 6mg Risperdal. I was on 80mg Latuda when I was working but had lots of side effects, lots of irritability (not at work though), and some positive symptoms.

1 Like

As much as I sleep these days I don’t know if I could handle any job though. I would have a hell of a time adjusting to any kind of work schedule when I have to take a nap every 8 hours. And then I often sleep for 12 or more at night.

1 Like

Lol I work and I miss work too.

And by miss I mean I call in way too much.

1 Like

I had nightmares too on Latuda, insomnia, nausea, akathisia.

2 Likes

I absolutely despise working but I do understand missing having something routine to do. It’s hard to motivate when there’s not much forcing you to do something. But I’d like to not work and working on art and music, the person I’m seeing works as a freelance artist and that’s the dream right there. Or … so it seems, he’s not always happy about his assignments.

1 Like

When I first started Latuda I didn’t have any problems, then after several months I started experiencing akathisia about an hour after taking 60mg. It was absolutely brutal and after 3 days experiencing that I was ready to quit Latuda. I solved the problem by splitting my pill in half. if I take 30mg with breakfast and 30mg with dinner then I don’t experience akathisia. Apparently my body can’t handle 60mg all at once, but it can handle 30mg twice a day. Other than that I’ve never had a problem with Latuda.

2 Likes

I stopped working in June 2020 - I miss it too. It was good to have the structure in my day and the interaction with my colleagues. Working also made me feel like a useful, productive member of society. I feel useless now by comparison. I don’t think I will ever be able to work again, mainly because of my cognitive symptoms. I don’t have the mental capacity to even learn a basic job.

1 Like

Yea I have that noted from last time you told me, though I had positive symptoms on 80mg so I will need a higher dose like 2x 60mg or 2x 80mg. I tried splitting my 4mg risperdal into 2x 2mg and I got positive symptoms at night, idk why my psychosis is worse at night. I made a thread about it and users said their psychosis is worse at night, its weird. Ill discuss everything with my pdoc 28 august and see what she decides.

2 Likes

When were you diagnosed?

In august last year - so pretty recently.

2 Likes

Yea I used to do that when I had heart problems

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.