I miss my mind

Zyprexa can can contribute to lack of Motivation and lack of pleasure - yes the illness can create these symptoms, but certain hard hitting sedating dopamine blockers can worsen the Negatives.

Sticking to your plan of switching to Abilify could be a good solution.
Abilify is not a sedating drug and because it’s a partial dopamine agonist, it is not a big dopamine blocker. It might be better for Avolition and Anhedonia.
Best of luck to you @lostinthespace

1 Like

Yeah the partial agonists basically lock the dopamine level at 25% of the max. The max for us is throwing a fit and being restrained in a hospital and then given a shot of haldol, Ativan and Benadryl all mixed together. 50% is suffering from symptoms to a dysfunctional degree from what I can tell. When it works for people and agrees with your body, it is a big hit.

But the thing about the way that the new meds work is that they actually stabilize serotonin, a depression and negative symptom chemical. For example, abilify is so good at it that it is used for really resistant cases of depression.

They gave me one of those, I went cycling to the eliptic bycicle and do push ups in my room. Wohooo

What? lol that’s the opposite of what it’s supposed to do!

I know! They called me a flea. In a caring way

I think haldol is activating for me. But I was on zyprexa too, so I don’t know, probably took time to work, i was still heavily deluded and hallucinating my brains out.

I miss my mind as well can’t work and play no fun.

I would blame the Ativan. It makes some people manic, it’s weird. I did some research and saw that some people in fact go manic on benzos. I don’t remember why…I think it was because they had some receptor fried

Or was it from repeated use? I don’t recall…it was a hidden little detail I heard once like a year ago

1 Like

I never took benzos before, and it’s possible that my receptor is fried!! :slight_smile:

My pdoc didn’t want to cross taper and said he’s never heard about having to do that.

I would honestly try to find another pdoc.
Are you at least considering it?
I mean you have the right to try other meds in a safe manner.
A pdoc that doesn’t believe in cross tapering is dangerous.

I’d rather try and convince him. Finding a new pdoc would be tough for me.

Tell him that you would feel more comfortable cross tapering between 2 APs.
See what he tells you - good luck @lostinthespace

1 Like