I miss beer

You know yo can have non alcoholic beer :flushed: There is non alcoholic everything

I think I might suck down a six pack of na beer hopefully to catch a buzz. Think Iā€™m better off just staying away from any beer.

2 Likes

Well done for going a year with no alcohol, donā€™t be tempted in just having one beer, because that will cause you to want more, and could quickly lead to a drinking problem.

2 Likes

purified water! yay!

if beer tastes anything like root beer, then iā€™d probably be an alcoholic even if i didnā€™t like the taste of alcohol. i guess it would depend on how much alcoholā€™s in the beer though.

I am unbelievably proud of you for this. I hope everyone knows how hard youā€™ve had to work for that year mark. Most of all Iā€™m glad you know.

2 Likes

I donā€™t drink alcohol, but I do drink root beer. I like IBC, Jones and Virgilā€™s.

2 Likes

Maybe you could try an alcohol free fruit cider :slight_smile: I had a strawberry and lime alcohol free kopparberg the other day and it was heavenly with the good weather!

3 Likes

@spiderpig

Thanks for the info on Kopparberg (sounds refreshing on a hot day).

1 Like

I quit years ago for no reason other than it made me feel bad, The desire for it just faded away.

Now I see commercials for it and I want to throw up just thinking about it, Iā€™m glad I feel this way though, wish I was more like this when young

4 Likes

I love IBC, and Virgilā€™s is good, too, though itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve had either. I like Jones green apple, wasnā€™t aware they make a root beer, but Iā€™m sure itā€™s good.

2 Likes

I still drink one small can every 2-3 days. :beer:

2 Likes

Summer is triggering for me to have beer since itā€™s so hot and a cold beer really cools you down. Well I donā€™t drink much. I drink a healthy amount. A 6 pack a week. Last week I only had 3. I went to buy it last night but it was too late the beer section was closed off. I knew it was too late but it was a ghetto store so thought they might not follow the rules but I was wrong!!

And the 3 I had last week was on my birthday and I had just finished my work evaluation. Iā€™m not irresponsible.

1 Like

Havenā€™t touched a drop of alcohol in years.
I do miss having that occasional cold beer.

6 Likes

Because most people with alcohol addiction issues are self-medicating mental illness. First time I drank was a white Russian which tasted pretty delicious even for the first time.

Which I realized the mystical powers of alcohol as a social lubricant when I had CHRONIC CHRONIC social anxiety. All my problems were erased while I was drinking.

They will tell you in AA that if you are an alcoholic, your alcoholism is triggered after your FIRST sipā€¦in most cases.

I know this was the case for me.

Self medicating lead to addiction for me. Medicine that feels good is quickly addictive.

People will do all strange things to get their fix. Shooting up heroin doesnā€™t sound good sticking a needle in your arm, but people still do it. Iā€™d much rather drink something that doesnā€™t taste all that great to get a similar high than putting a needle in my arm. But people still do the former.

1 Like

My mum had an alcoholic one at the same time as my non alcoholic one and she actually thought mine was more refreshing when she tried some! :slight_smile: no worries!

1 Like

I have been sober for over three years but still often get the craving for a cold beer I would recomend Becks Blue completly alcohol free and tastes great . Dont know if you can get it in the USA as im from UK.

1 Like

Yeah I like becks blue too.

2 Likes

well good for you for not drinkingā€¦!! man, youā€™re almost to your one year anniversary donā€™t blow it !! youā€™ll be thankful later that you didnā€™t drink.

3 Likes

I am very proud of you, also. Thatā€™s a great accomplishment.

1 Like

what do you mean by yay?
lolā€¦

1 Like