Schizophrenia.com

I might have to walk off a Landscaping job

I have been there 4 weeks, and we’re making good progress.

The problem is I am working for a family friend, but he really is treating me very badly, and his behaviour is unacceptable.

I sent him a pretty abrupt message on WhatsApp yesterday telling him not to contact my building materials supplier directly, and he was going to have a go at them for 5% wastage on bricks, which I had already told him was normal.

He never listens to my opinion, and he undermines me all the time. I have had enough of it to be honest.

I am due to go on holiday with my parents and this guy in 6 weeks, and I don’t want to ruin that holiday.

It’s getting close to me snapping at him if he starts telling me what to do on my job based on his research on his iPad I am literally going to have him for it.

All I hear from him is the opinions of other people, and I am sick of it.

The guy needs to see a professional, as he is definitely suffering from OCD or something like that.

The way he behaves is not cool

2 Likes

haha I can tell you are not used to a job where you are working with the public. Things like that will happen all the time, I think it is best to just not get worked up by it.

I guess you’re right.

I’ve spent the last 6 years in IT, so not had to deal with this kinda stuff for years.

Not sure if my tolerance levels are where they should be, but I am cutting back my meds and I am suffering multiple withdrawals from different pills and waiting to see if things go to ■■■■ or not.

Makes it harder to put up with other peoples nonsense.

This guy needs to understand he is getting a proper job done for a lot cheaper rate.

2 Likes

Well, I mean isn’t the beauty of being your own boss that you can tell difficult clients to go fck themselves and pack up all your equipment and leave, and leave the ashole high and dry?