I might get a volunteer job

I may be getting an unusual volunteer job this week. I contacted a local organization that helps autistic and other neurologically compromised teens to transition to college and work.

I run a mobile app store and I can use some of their unpaid student interns to design icons and other graphics, beta test, do marketing etc… I can really use the help and it might be a good low pressure incubator/endorsement for kids that want to work on tech projects.

I guess my official title would be “Tech Mentor” and I updated my resume over the weekend using Google Docs. I am doing a Zoom meeting this week to see if we can flesh out some details of how the program would work.

6 Likes

Sounds pretty cool. I hope it works out.

1 Like

Very cool idea, keep us posted.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Well had a meeting today and it almost would work but we would need to make the internships paid ones…
Next step is actually making our ersatz biz into more of a real biz if possible… there is a local organization that assists people form small businesses…

Right now it all feels like making stone soup. The main trouble is most of my time is taken up caregiving but it is fun to network with people again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.