I messed up and didn't know enough to ask for help

I had lived most of my life without having someone to depend on. Then, out in the world, I really needed guidance and wasn’t really aware that it was available. No wonder I failed. I still don’t trust others about a lot of things.

8 Likes

Im really naive at times and i mistrust everyone its like its all or nothing with me

3 Likes

I feel like im a failure at times too
I must be

3 Likes

yes, i am i feel naive because of my niceness and distrust as well.

2 Likes

Im too damn nice for my own good, makes me easy to take advantage of

2 Likes

I’m sorry you had such a rough life. Your mom didn’t show you love and it really messed you up. That’s tough. I also had a rough life growing up. Have you done extensive therapy to deal with your childhood? I did. First, I spent years dealing with the abuse I endured from my father, then years dealing with abuse from my mother. Now, I’m working through trauma in my adult life. It is something you can be released from. You can even become stronger. It’s worth the work.

1 Like

I’ve kept myself isolated a lot too, but now I’ve gotten so used to being alone that is what I prefer. My solitary life is not bad.

I think the worst abuse of all was that I was not allowed to have a dream.

2 Likes

Not getting to dream is terrible. I’m so sorry.

Try Reiki

It is a method of alternative energy healing that can release energy blockages from years of abuse and neglect

People report that one session of Reiki has helped them enormously - equivalent to many sessions of therapy in one session

2 Likes

Reiki is snake oil.

1 Like

So is rolfing. And some chiropractry.

1 Like

It’s a Japanese method of destressing.

1 Like

It is easy do not trust others if you were hurt. I am more compasuonate about myself. I had good advisors and friends that really cared about me, but it is just my thinking prevented me from belive what they were saying… people I nice once you share some common ground. I feel distant from them, but deep in my heart I know are some kind people out there that want the best of everybody.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.