Schizophrenia.com

I made 12 bucks an hour 22 years ago, at my first job

and now i’ll be making about the same if i get a job at a restaurant or something after all this time and the fact that wages have gone up considerably in the last 5 years. but i guess i can’t make a lot of money anyhow or else i would lose my benefits.

3 Likes

My first job in 1994 I made $6.35/hour

Actually my first job was a paper route, made about $100/month. Only delivered newspapers on Sunday.

1 Like

At what age did you start working? I started working at 14y.o.

1 Like

I got my paper route when I was 12.I did that for 2 years…In 1994 I was 16 and worked at a restaurant doing all the sh*tty jobs…

2 Likes

This is why people are so MF pissed off.

1 Like

My first job was a paper route, then went on to work in the galley of a river cruise ship for 1.25 per hour :open_mouth: Not much back then, but was a fun job for a 15 year old

2 Likes

Yea I also had shitty jobs until I started university, then I worked with my degree a job for students, only lasted two weeks before I was hospitalized and diagnosed with sz. Sucks. I was making 28$/h in that university job back in 2011.

3 Likes

They also told me that once I finish my degree my starting pay will be 32-40$/h.

2 Likes

i started working at 15 years old, spring summer and fall mowing lawns, we cut 230 lawns a week. it paid well for being a teenager and actually the owner knew my dad and asked him if i wanted a job, i didn’t have to go looking for a job like all the other jobs i got later in life.

sorry i was away, late reply.

1 Like

anyways after 22 years, it seems like i should be making $30/hr like my dad was making…22 years ago.

I couldn’t work outside of the US but got a job serving when I started college. It was fun until I skipped hosting one day. Maybe I should have hosted. I think I got 9$ an hour plus tips.

1 Like

I have an interview for a waiter job making 14 an hour! It’s less than minimum wage becuase it’s in a city with a lower minimum but I get tips!! I don’t know if I want to work there but everybody’s making me get a job !

1 Like

I need 5 k I can’t figure out another way to get it besides working!!

1 Like

Paper routes are actually a lot of fun. I helped my mom out with hers occasionally. I’d love to have a paper route.

2 Likes

My dad refused to support me going to college because he ‘couldn’t afford it’ and also because I felt he didn’t want me to be ahead of him in life.

I made 9 dollars an hour in 2009/2010 part time. Most I ever made. I worked in retail.

I thought about getting my nieces dogecoin before it went up and they would have been millionaires but oh well. I’m hoping to make it big off my investments and then buy SpaceX stock and be independent some day and help out the family.

I have no skills or anything.

I can tutor math up to calculus or maybe single variables but that’s it. I have no SAT/ACT scores or degree or teaching experience and I don’t want to do it. The jobs that require those accolades pay 30-40 an hour which is insane.

I thought about freelance programming work but I have no abilities to do that.

I will work some day but I’m stuck and trapped right now.

My dad grew up poor and without a father. My step-dad did well in his younger years and now we are struggling to survive. I think covid is hard on everyone and the economy, change/luck, change, and life is hard on everyone.

1 Like

I’m 31 and had 3 part time jobs in life : first one was at a pizzaria, second one was retail, and the third was a student job as a econ/math tutor. That’s it. My grades sucked at university so I couldn’t get a job being a tutor. Big let down and shame. I struggled in school.

1 Like

My first job as a dishwasher I made minimum wage, $2.65 an hour.
I was 17 but lied on my application and said I was 18 so I could work nights.

1 Like