I’m so glad I don’t have to work anymore

I hated the only three jobs I used to have. There were things about them I hated. Schizophrenia was a mental torment for me for many years but on the plus side I was able to get SSI and my dad said I can live with him as long as I keep taking my meds. So I have enough money for food and TV and to buy clothes, shoes, boots and bathroom essentials when I need to. So overall I’m happy. Not as happy as before getting schizophrenia but still happy nonetheless.

12 Likes

My job is hard and doesn’t pay much but it’s good for me because it’s low pressure and not many hours even if drags on.

5 Likes

I’m also glad I found the forum.

5 Likes

we deserve abundance from wat we experinced on our journey of life…imo

3 Likes

Your next cake day will be 5 years :smiley:

1 Like

Challenging week at work. It made me miss being on disability.

2 Likes

That’s good you can work. I prefer to stay home as much as I possibly can. But maybe if the right job came along I wouldn’t mind doing it.

1 Like

Sorry about that but at least you can work and that’s good. I don’t know if I’d be able to handle most jobs. Too much stress.

1 Like

I like being able to choose what I want to do each day and focus on achieving my goals. My main goals are to stay stable, lose weight and lower my blood pressure and stay sober.

3 Likes

Thats alright but think ahead though. Maybe you only got ten years living with your dad then what. Make sure you get your drivers license if you dont have one and apply for group homes or low income housing. Ten years can go by fast then you could be homeless again

4 Likes

Ten years ago i was happy too, not to work anymore and be on disability pension. But these days i work towards a job in a bakery again. The money is just not enough. When i think about it, all i have to do is reduce smoking to five cigarettes a day and a lot of my problems will be solved.

2 Likes

I was offered 3 different type jobs, am 2 muc in my comfort zone to accept d offer

maybe in d future i will idk atm

1 Like

I do think ahead. My dad said I’ll get his house when he dies. He has also told me before that I’ll get an inheritance so I can afford to pay utilities and property taxes and go to the Co-op when I need food. So I should be set for life.

3 Likes

Hopefully you can do that then. I was able to quit smoking in 2018 and it saved me lots of money.

2 Likes

You are lucky. I am happy for you.

2 Likes

Well I’m happy for you @Ferb
Yeah I’m on disability as well.

2 Likes

it is great that you’re happy. it is all that matters really. a happy present. a happy right now. all that matters.

3 Likes

How long were you on it? What stage in your journey did you have to accept the help?

Not being nosey, just I have hit a wall at 35, and I need some hope that I can get back to some sort of work.

If you have found yourself in this position, I’d be interested to hear what got you out of it, as it’s a ■■■■ mess I find myself in

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.