I’m sad because

My husband is furious with me that I put the AA meeting I was going to go to in the calendar without discussing it with him first. He says that’s doing things behind his back. I didn’t think it was behind his back because I put it in our joint online family calendar.

He says he won’t allow me to have anything to drink at all if my problem is so bad I think I need AA. So I guess that’s that. No more drinking. Not even cutting down.

Plus, he thinks if I’m doing that behind his back, he wants to know what else I’m doing behind his back. But I’m doing nothing behind his back. I’m so sad he feels this way.

5 Likes

Suddenly stoping drinking after a long time of daily drinking can be dangerous. Please be careful.

4 Likes

True. I think Amy Winehouse died because of sudden alcohol withdrawal.

6 Likes

Update: my husband is letting me have 2 seltzers today. He said one light beer tomorrow. Then I’m done. I guess I will have achieved my original 2 week goal.

5 Likes

My spouse is controlling of my health issues. Gets mad at me for not taking care of my appointments to the point of controlling them now cause he can’t trust me.

Sometimes it gets to me other times - i need to understand why the anger he has is sometimes legitimate and not get angry back.

Glad he is watching out for you.

2 Likes

Hopefully your husband will also stop consuming alcohol so there is no alcohol in the house.

Also, your husband sounds both unsupportive and controlling.

6 Likes

Doing something unfavorable doesn’t mean you’re a bad person overall. My husband is very good to me. He’s almost always very kind. Once in a while he gets moody and says or does things I don’t like. But doesn’t everyone screw up sometimes?

2 Likes

I’m sorry, @CoCo,

I like you,

But again, your husband is sounding abusive.

I mean, reread your own post.

It’s controlling and manipulative.

You getting better is going to be an issue.

2 Likes

I mean its ok to be hurt by not feeling communicated with but accusing you of going behind his back is a boundary i woukd set with him now. My ex did this to me very frequently because of her jealousy, she was convinced i chwated on her constantly, when i never did.

1 Like

is your husband mentally challenged? he sounds kind of dumb to me abusing you like that without expecting any slack from you…why do you just take it and don’t stand up for yourself…fight him and get your way if you want…it’s your marriage too…this is an eye opener for me…I guess I haven’t seen you post about this kind of behavior by your husband this fiercely.

1 Like

He’s a very good man. He’s also in severe pain all the time. Sometimes he gets grouchy. But it’s not all the time. Most of the time he’s the kindest most thoughtful and generous man I’ve ever known.

look, he’s telling you what to do…without hearing your side of it…this is going to become a major problem, unless you like being submissive.

1 Like

I can’t respond without breaking the rules. Sorry.

1 Like

I don’t see any abuse or control going on with your Hubby…just concern for your well-being.

My 2 cents.

1 Like

well, that was interesting, don’t see my comment blocked.
I also wanted to say about your comment to Crystal, when you said,
“glad to hear that you know you are psychotic and need meds.”
if her meds aren’t working, it means she doesn’t need them. she may be pre-mental illness along those terms. I’m sure she’ll do it to herself though.

@CoCo I must have made you angry…I just thought you needed to be shown that it’s not ok to just “rule the kingdom” when you are the man in a relationship hetero wise or anytime else…marriage should be a joined mutual experience.

3 Likes

Just thinking a bit on prior situations in life that were terrible.Childhood, religious cult, drugs so this is straight from your house right now.
Some people may found your husband abusive, but you care about your family as it is and you won’t let go of it, especially daughters.
Maybe you could at least bring it to your psychiatrist or family counselor…

1 Like

I’m not angry with you at all. I appreciate that you were looking out for me. But I don’t think my husband is a bad man

3 Likes

Thanks @anon25523312 I suppose I could talk to them but I feel like everything is ok now.

2 Likes

Because we are in majority here and can see from different angle. @CoCo is one of best supporters and members here…
And this is support forum.

1 Like