I’m quitting caffeine

No more coffee, tea, soda, energy drinks, chocolate or chocolate pudding for me. Caffeine doesn’t do anything for me. Plus coffee and tea taste really bad. I got in the bad habit of drinking coffee every day back in 2010 when I was 19 a few months before I turned 20 when I was living in downtown Los Angeles and had to go to AA meetings because of the program I was in. Hopefully I’ll remember to stop drinking coffee because I’m in the habit of making a cup first thing in the morning. I still have a lot of coffee and tea but I’ll just save it for guests.

3 Likes

What are you going to replace it with?

If you are in the habit of quenching your morning thirst with a cup of caffeine, will plain old water suffice?

Sounds like a rocky path to me.

1 Like

I’m only going to drink tap water and sparkling water from now on.

1 Like

Good luck with that! You’ll need it. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Caffeine can be healthy in moderation, but it is also a psychotropic stimulant. The trick is to to find a balance. For me it’s enough with 1 cup of green tea a day as I am very sensitive to caffeine. More than that I become irrational.

Good luck quitting though.

2 Likes

Yeah I know that. I just don’t feel the need for it anymore.

1 Like

The amount of times I’ve read people quitting coffee without success. It’s very hard to quit it. If you say I will not drink coffee to yourself, it’ll only make you want one more.

You only live once, just have a coffee and just enjoy yourself.

1 Like

Good luck. I try my hardest to stay away.

Don’t always succeed. But I try.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.