I’m pretty upset right now

My daughter M had some friends over. Friend K came over and a couple hours later had to go home because she felt sick. I asked when her last chemo treatment was and she said “this morning at 2 am”. I can’t believe her mom let her out during covid while having treatment. Then this morning friend L went home with a sore throat and fever. Friend K with cancer was exposed to whatever friend L has. As were we all. It turns out friend Al’s throat was hurting yesterday too, but she didn’t tell us. I’m pretty angry about this

4 Likes

Well, I mean, you can’t be too mad. You’re having people over during a pandemic.

2 Likes

It wasn’t my choice. It was my husbands. And I’m more upset for the girl with cancer than for me

Then the responsibility still falls on her parents and your husband ifshe gets sick and dies. It’s a sad fact of our new world

2 Likes

Speaking as a former cancer kid, I know I would have gladly risked it to see my friends again.

1 Like

My healthy kid I let go iut some. But watching my other in a hospital bed I am Freaking never letting him go anywhere

1 Like

It’s probably nothing serious with sore throat.But I think you must speak with your husband for future visits.
I dont let no one through door…

1 Like

She’s stage 4, so I’m thinking that may be why her mom is letting her see friends. I just hope she’s ok

1 Like

My stepdaughter was balling her eyes out for weeks about not being able to see friends and he caved. But maybe this was a wake up call for him

3 Likes

I think,in matter of everyone’s well being,children must br educated diferently then it used to be not so long ago.
Parents,especially where I live still dont understand that the way of people lives must change,considering situation…

Yeah. Life is very different from how it used to be.

@anon54525863 @anon4362788 @Ninjastar, friend L went to urgent care and they ran a strep test. It was positive. She has strep throat. We warned Ks mom.

1 Like

Never thought I would say this, but thank goodness it is just strep!

1 Like

No kidding! But that could still be lethal to K. :frowning:

2 Likes

Thanks @CoCo ,for info,it’s still better news

1 Like

That’s the crux of the matter. My daughter is rooming with us while not at college to save money. She would like to have friends over, but can’t. She’ll need to pony up for her own place if she wants to be more social.

I take it he can be a bit of a doof?

1 Like

He spoils his daughter. She’s got him wrapped around her pinkie. If she wants it, she gets it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.