I’m not sick?

Oh man. I’m so sorry!

I’ve seen you tank at least twice since I’ve been on this forum.

I was so worried about you once, that I sent you my phone number so we could talk. The other time you had strange delusions about your father.

You have some sort of affliction in my opinion. My fear with you is that you’ll convince yourself you are well…go off your meds…and tank again.

But I suppose to test the waters, you could talk to your doctor about weaning off your meds, then see where you land. I understand why you want to know if it’s side effects from your meds, or an actual diagnosed condition that you have which is causing you all of these mental issues.

2 Likes

No that’s ok, it gave me full blown hypothyroidism but it went away when I got off lithium.

1 Like

Thanks @anon39054230 I remember this.

I have to come off the Depakote for health reasons but I will remain on my AP.

I will also not hesitate to go on a different mood stabilizer if my moods start fluctuating.

3 Likes

Oh! Thank God!!! I’m glad it’s ok now

1 Like

Thanks @CoCo

1 Like

Most doctors switch between bipolar or schizoaffective.

I know i have mental illness
But doubt also ward and medicines.
will i be like others and have a full time job in the future or study economy like what im gonna do.

1 Like

Don’t give up @Yellowdiamond
I know that some meds like Risperdal and Depakote have helped me but other meds have done a lot of harm.

Everyone is different.

I wish you well.

2 Likes

Start by getting off Depakote and see if you have no symptoms without it. Whats the lowest dose of Risperdal were you stable on? Did your try 2mg? Me I know that at 3mg I have symptoms. Even on 4mg I do but thats very rare. I am happy and stable on 4mg Risperdal.

2 Likes

At one point I was on 1 and a half mg of Risperdal but my moods were not so stable.
This was years ago.

Yes I’ll see how I manage without Depakote.

Thanks @Aziz

1 Like

I’m pretty stable on 3mg but I could manage on 2mg probably with a mood stabilizer.

1 Like

Take it slowly . And do steps which ever are most important to you. Think how you would want to live your life

2 Likes

Be careful, @Wave. We’ve lost some members recently that went off their meds. It’s depressing to watch people go from having good conversations to posting word salad and having bad delusions.

3 Likes

Yes thanks @anon4362788
I’ll be careful.

You should just leave the meds as is or just ask pdoc if you can slightly reduce if you think it will help.

You’ve probably been on meds for a longtime I imagine. Your brain has adapted to that, so if you come off all your medication your brain will be unstable and highly likely to get rebound symptoms maybe worse than before.

Hope things work out for you and you get to a better quality of living for yourself @Wave

1 Like

Yes I’ve been on meds a long time.
I’m aware of rebound symptoms.

Thanks @LevelJ1

1 Like

It can be very tempting to decrease or stop medication when we feel we’re doing better. I’ve done that a few times. Every time I’ve ended up with more medication. Our brain gets used to those chemicals and work around them to allow functional activity. Which often means when those barriers get removed, the brain is even more excited than before we had medication. So I would suggest to talk with your pdoc to either reduce extremely slowly and try to spot early signs of excitation (very hard to stay objective because we loooveee the feeling) or try to make compromise still with your pdoc between mood stabilizer and antipsychotics. Good luck!

2 Likes

I plan on tapering down from my mood stabilizer slowly.
I’m coming off the Depakote for health reasons, I basically don’t have a choice.
My doctor did not disagree with me.

She sounded concerned when I told her that I may have a liver lesion.

If my moods become increasingly unstable then I will ask to go on Tegretol again most likely.

I really want to avoid lithium if I can.

Thanks @francisbaud

2 Likes

Thanks to science, there are new drugs that help mentally with fewer serious side effects. Hopefully your doctor keeps up on that. You don’t want something that helps mentally but causes damage to your physical health. I understand the need to try something else. I hope you find something that doesn’t hurt you physically.

1 Like