I’m getting IV antibiotics and

Oral antibiotics starting tomorrow. I have uti with 2 different concurrent infections that won’t go away. They’re finding out from my insurance if I can get the IV in the office or if I need them done at home. I’m hoping there because I’d be nervous doing it myself

3 Likes

I might have to do the IV at home. I hope I can just get it done at the office. Plus, the oral medication I have to take has all kinds of interactions with different foods and medications. I can’t take my Celexa for the next 10 days. When I stop SSRIs cold turkey I get brain zaps and irritability. I’m not looking forward to the next 10 days

1 Like

I hope a nurse is going to do it for you at home. If , for instance an air bubble gets into your bloodstream you’re dead.

2 Likes

I have never heard of an IV being done at home before

1 Like

I think they just put the IV in and then at home you change the bags yourself. I’m pretty nervous about it.

2 Likes

Well I have Medicare. The nurse told me some Medicare plans want it done at home. We’ll see what they say

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.