I’m crushed

Thanks @Moonbeam and @Cragger

He’s got a lot of supportive people behind him so I’m hoping for the best.

I’m going to reach out to my brother later today.

4 Likes

Your nephew is lucky to have an uncle who has experience with these kinds of things, as shiiitty of a situation that it is.

Wishing your nephew well, @Wave.

2 Likes

Yes thanks @Schztuna

1 Like

My brothers girlfriends Mother is a psychiatrist and she thinks that based on his symptoms it sounds more like it could be depression with psychotic features.
She feels that Vraylar with an antidepressant is very effective in his case.

So the diagnosis labeling game begins.

3 Likes

It sounds like those are his dreams, though. What does your nephew want? Does your brother put any pressure, even unintentionally, on the boy? If so, that might be a contributing factor. I think my daughter felt like we had expectations she couldn’t meet.

FYI- My daughter, who attempted suicide at 17, went on to graduate from a university this May. She was magna cum laude. She’s been working an internship at a place she loves since the beginning of the year. My point is, it’s not too late for him. He can still accomplish a lot, even if it’s not what his father intended.

3 Likes

Yes I don’t want to say too much to my brother.
He’s overwhelmed.

He’ll come to the realization that these labels don’t mean so much as long as the treatments are working.

My nephew will hopefully be able to accomplish a lot eventually.

Right now I don’t want to give my brother too much advice.

He’s got doctors for this.

I’m happy that your daughter is doing much better @Happy_H

Yeah my brother has high expectations for his son.

1 Like

So sorry to hear @Wave that sounds eerily similar to my situation except I didnt have an uncle like you to notice the signs

If it makes you feel any better I think hell have a much better outcome with someone like you around

2 Likes

Thanks @zwolfgang

Catch it early and get on meds.

Hoping this work out

1 Like

Thanks @anon99082702

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear all this about your nephew @Wave. I will pray for him and your family. God bless.

2 Likes

Thank you @SkinnyMe

1 Like

There’s some good news!
My nephew was assessed by his psychiatrist and he won’t need to go to the hospital but he’s getting placed on Vraylar.
He’s also on Lexapro and a low dose of Seroquel for sleep.

He also doesn’t want to drop out of school!

He had a bad experience with weed a couple of days ago and is quitting smoking weed.

My brother is finally on top of things!

I am so relieved!

5 Likes

My brother wants me to stay in touch with him from now on.

2 Likes

Woohoo!!! Glad to hear things are coming around for your nephew @Wave . You’re in my Prayers

2 Likes

Oh thanks @Cragger!
So kind of you!

2 Likes

Im glad you are taking place of kind of looking after him.
People need you…

3 Likes

Aww thats awesome @Wave I hope he continues to be alright x

3 Likes

Oh no! I feel so bad for him and his family. That’s awful. He’s really suffering :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah my brother called me up and texted with me a few times today asking for my advice and help.

He was grateful for my help with his son.

I was pleasantly surprised by his behavior towards me.

It felt good to help my nephew.

I reached out to my nephew today through text.

I reassured him that everything will be fine and I told him that he could contact me anytime even in the middle of the night.

5 Likes