I’m considering a job offer

I find it surprising that you would be asked to. You are a medical professional like @Ninjastar said. It’s different for me because I’m in insurance and everyone knows we’re a bunch of sketchy ho-bags.

:rofl:

2 Likes

Lol @shutterbug. Thanks for the laughs.

1 Like

Other places I’ve worked at have said, you can upsell enhancements and make extra money. There was not pressure or a number given to sell. There was never a review on that either. Same thing with memberships.

1 Like

The other thing is, I’ve made the most amount of money where I work currently in the 5+ years I’ve been a massage therapist. Even though I didn’t meet expectations, I still got a small raise.

The lead massage Therapist told me if I didn’t sell a lot of memberships or enhancements I wouldn’t be fired. He told me this a while back. He didn’t tell me this would come up in my review though. To be fair, it’s the manager’s job to let you know that would come up in a review.

Just to let you know, I did accept the job. However, I haven’t put my notice in because the chiropractor is working out fine details on my hours.

I’m sorry to be so needy in this thread.

@CoCo @Ninjastar @shutterbug

4 Likes

You are NOT being needy! It’s not like there are many places on the Net where some of us can complain about noisy co-workers and noisy voices at the same time and have others actually understand.

Vent away, sistah.

:right_anger_bubble:

4 Likes

I’m glad you took the new job too.

And you are not needy at all.

The [business name] where I live has horrible turnover because of the sales expectations. I was going to apply for a front desk role there in 2020 but didnt pursue it because they wanted me to be really pushy.

I have to admit, when cashiers ask me if I want to round up my purchase by the cents to take it to the next dollar, I nearly always say yes. Instead of [business name], I started working at Goodwill, where we were pressured to push round ups with every customer. We were bullied if we didn’t do it and I was constantly yelled at about that. They tracked every cent. F that…

3 Likes

I understand. Selling sucks. I did selling when I worked for a nonprofit in fundraising. I had to sell constantly or I would lose my job. I was beyond stressed for the three years I worked there. Sales isn’t for me either.

I realized too late that I put [business name] in the thread. When I noticed that, I was not able to edit it out. I’m sure I gave too much information for the forum, lol.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s TMI. I believe [business name] is a big chain. You haven’t given your location away.

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking too. There are several locations where I’m at.

1 Like

If you want, I’m sure a moderator could edit out the name of the place in each post it’s specified in in this thread

3 Likes

I would be happy to do this if you would like @SpringRose.

v.

4 Likes

Thank you. I thought about contacting a moderator. I just wasn’t sure if I broke protocol.

2 Likes

Nothing to worry about there. I removed the business name from the posts it was in and also disabled the revision history so people can’t go back and look. I hope this sets your mind at ease.

v.

4 Likes

Thank you! That’s so nice of you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.