I’m a cooking fool, part 2

Made a great Mexican dish today. It was fast and simple in my instant pot pressure cooker. I’ve been cooking a lot of quinoa dishes lately but I’m going to take a break from quinoa. I printed out several recipes for Chinese food, those should be good.

4 Likes

I have been pigging out with pumpkin pie today.

2 Likes

Ive been perfecting my mung dal recipe lately. For anyone curious this is what i have:

I personally like to cook my rice with caraway seeds, parsley, and bay leaves

2 Likes

I’ve been making a lot of Chinese inspired dishes. Just tonight we had sauteed chicken and broccoli with sweet and sour sauce with egg rolls on the side.

I hardly every fry the chicken because that adds too much oil.

A good sauce for beef and broccoli is 1/2 cup soy sauce with 1/2 cup brown sugar and a tablespoon mustard. I use the splenda brown sugar.

1 Like

Sounds good. Safeway has been out of Splenda brown sugar for like two months now.

I’m terrible at cooking. Whenever I see a recipe with more than 3 ingredients and 2 steps, I might as well just put the wet ingredients in a blender, not put the top on and turn it on high for all the good it would do to do anything else…

I once burned a peanut butter sandwich… If you like where you live, do not let me cook there.

4 Likes

Can you get to a Super Walmart? They almost always have it. And they have a good Asian section.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the tip. It’s about 7 miles away but I might make it over there.

1 Like

You can stock up!

1 Like

Currently I’m making a Indian curry from scratch. Havnt done it in ages.

Pressure cookers are awesome appliances. I love mine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.