"I love you." What does it mean?

Love is the opposite of lust.

1 Like

Liking someone is enjoying being in their company imo.

Appreciating them

I often mistake it with “being in love” with some one. You know like in the beginning where you feel very exited about someone but it isn’t love. It is not a very deap feeling.

1 Like

Maybe it means I care about you and want your
wellbeing.

2 Likes

“Ah, it’s like the first time you fall in love. You don’t ever love a woman quite like that again” - Scotty from Star Trek

I feel like that is true, for me anyways. The first time I felt like I was in love I had never been hurt, I loved her without reservation, it was innocent and pure (yeah that sounds corny). But after being in a bunch of long term and short term relationships I don’t know if I can love a woman quite like that again. In the back of my mind I’ll be thinking all my other relationships came to an end (sometimes they ended it, sometime I ended it), what makes this one so special. I never say never, I guess it’s possible I could meet a girl and fall madly in love, but with the way women treat me after I tell them I have schizophrenia I don’t hold out much hope.I’ve come to realize I’ll probably be single the rest of my life. I don’t think love is in the cards for me.

Love is an intense feeling of deep affection. It’s commitment and sacrifice. It’s equal, not one-sided. Love is answering the phone at 3:00 am. Love is joy and sadness.

The doctors say that people do die from a broken heart.

Any Seinfeld fans here…

1 Like

When I tell Hubby that I love him, I mean he’s special, the #1 person in my life, and I want him to be healthy and happy. I also want him to know that I want him in my life, as my husband, and that I’m happy he married me.

When I tell my parents that I love them, I want them to know that they are important to me. Same with my youngest brother. I want him to know that I’m here for him, if he ever needs me.

In-laws are also important to me. So, I tell them I love them.

My friend since age 7, I tell her that I love her, because I want her to be happy and I care about her.

2 Likes

I said those very words to a pizza once.

Jk!

It was more than once.

But I’m no expert on love. I know close family members love me and they know I love them.

Not sure about that sentimental phrase that says, “the people that are hardest to love are often the ones who need it the most” though. Some people are the equivalent to the poo end of the stick and not worth the effort.

Imfuo.

:smiley:

1 Like

My thoughts on love have changed over time.

Love is dependence
Love is enmeshment
Love is merging
Love is pain
Love doesn’t exist
Love is an addiction
Love is self sacrifice
Love is hard work
Love is a deceitful manipulative ■■■■■

I no longer believe in romantic love. But saying I love you means the you really care about the person and their well being. They matter to you and you truly want to be apart of their life

To me love means…

I will give my time to you.
I will give my inner self to you.
I will get you soup when you’re sick, even if I am sick too.
I will walk to get you medicine, even when I don’t feel well.
I will spend time listening to your thoughts.
I will take time to understand your likes and dislikes.
I will shield you from people you dislike.
I will say you’re busy when someone calls and you’re pooping instead of saying you’re in the bathroom.
I will do all sorts of things to make you feel as if you are as special and important as you are to me.

2 Likes

Love is the greatest emotion that exists in this world. There are different kinds of love, brotherly love which you have for general people. Romantic love which is love for your spouse. Family love which is the kind of love you have for my your family. There is no wrong way to love, There is no wrong love. Love is the greatest emotion that we can ever experience. When you love someone romantically, you know it immediately. And it’s a love that can spoil perish or fade. Sure you can break up, you could divorce, or separate.

But nothing can erase the love you two had for each other. It might lie dormant and is not a living flame anymore but, it’s still there.

Seriously I appreciate that people responded. Love you guys!

5 Likes

Hmm?. . .

I Am Confused?.

Could You Elaborate (???).

:purple_heart:

Oops! Srry didn’t notice my tablet autocorrected still to kill. Fixing it. I meant that the living flame might not exist (being massively burning in love. Might feel like the spark was gone.) But the love is still there. You still love them even if you’ve separated ways with them.

Hmm. . .

Yea, It’s True.

Love Is A Good Feeling.

:purple_heart:

I love you means you have something I want and I think you can be lied to to get it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.