I lost faith in therapists and therapy

Yes this too.
Good point @Moonbeam.

3 Likes

I hate when they just cut off parts of what you say. Its like my problems aren’t as important :triumph:

4 Likes

@Wave
How your therapist treated you was inconsiderate! She was dishonest and unethical! I have hope that you can find one who respects you and cares, who shows you compassion and seeks to understand!

3 Likes

Thank you @FlyingPurplePeopleMeeter.

2 Likes

I though you said therapy didnt help you that much anyway. I would definitely take a break.

2 Likes

Yeah my therapist didn’t really help either but she did get me in with a psychiatrist quickly and the psychiatrist has been a great help

2 Likes

Just because you haven’t had success with a female therapist doesn’t mean all women are bad therapists. You might have a personal issue with women.

3 Likes

Maybe she died suddenly, like from a heart attack or stroke.

2 Likes

:flushed: All I have to say is that there may be another reason that none of your female therapists have worked out.

5 Likes

Seems to me that most therapists are a bunch of money grubbing narcissists interested in only their self interests.

It’s like this for like a HUGE chunk of people in general in my opinion. I just try and keep track of the few people who aren’t users and opportunists. In the meantime we can all be therapists for each other.

3 Likes

Yes man :joy: women right?

2 Likes

I’d flag you if I could, sexism isn’t cool man. Female therapists are just as capable as male therapists. And a therapist can be terrible no matter the gender.

1 Like

I think it’s more likely you just don’t know how to deal with women.

4 Likes

I had bad experiences ie two therapists who were more interesting in pushing the “If you want to be a good person…” line than actually doing anything to help.

2 Likes

My doc don’t want me to find a therapist cuz he thinks it’s useless. The negatives will always come and go, there’s nothing you can do about it…

I asked my former therapist for a reference and she had the balls to say that will answer to my request and never said a word after. In end I got pissed with her, I don’t care much about the money I spent there, but she has less values than me.
She could have said she didn’t knew anyone and choose not to answer. And it’s not even my worst episode with them…

I just wish them to get some manners and be a ■■■■■■■ human with emotions and not a ■■■■■■■ freud or jung robot.

3 Likes

I know that was a joke, but you’re really not very funny.

2 Likes

I am just not suited to therapy. The folk who I have seen have all been great but just isn’t something I am interested in

2 Likes

I think I’m open minded enough for either, but… ptsd trauma discussions are easier w a female therapist.

2 Likes

I feel uncomfortable around male pdoc’s and male therapists.
I was bullied by a couple of male psychiatrists in the past.

In my opinion, female therapists are usually more compassionate.

5 Likes

I’ve been in therapy for almost 11 years, the one I seen the longest didn’t do her job, several occasions when I needed my paperwork (I didn’t know this certain person obtained it) The certain person said we can read this, its all scribbles… what a loon! I saw her for 5 and 1/2 years, and she had 3 brand new cars, and was just in it for the money. She used me

3 Likes