I lost 2 lbs last week

Maybe that’s not a lot of weight, but I’m happy about it :grinning:. I didn’t go to the gym at all, the gym hurts my back too much, but it was all that walking I did at my new job (which also killed my back, but I was getting paid). I was a runner all week, running meds to patient rooms and, mostly, to nurses’ med cabinets. I was also eating a little bit less, but I credit most of it to the walking I was doing.

I’m a runner this week, too, for the cancer units, so maybe I’ll lose some more weight :grinning:. It’s a children’s hospital, though, so I’ll be running meds such as chemo for little kids with cancer, awfully sad :cry:, but I knew what I was getting into when I took the job. I just hope I can handle it emotionally, that I don’t break down crying. I think I’ll be ok, though.

4 Likes

good for you!

I am sorry though for the difficulty. My cousin is a nurse in the hospital at children’s section but she has a different outlook. I mean you are helping them :slight_smile:

Good luck!

1 Like

True, and that is the way I have to look at it. I was seeing some very sick kids last week, just not with cancer. Parents bring their kids from great distances to be treated at that hospital, as it is the best children’s hospital in the region, not to mention kids get transferred there from other hospitals that were not equipped to help them. So yeah, they get the sickest of the sick. I did fine with it last week, though, so I will probably be fine this week, too.

2 Likes

I found it on my stomach.

2 Likes

Or if you were British , in your pocket… or do they go by the euro now??

1 Like

HaHa, I had no idea what you were taking about at first. Now I get it.

1 Like

We still have the pound

1 Like

Thought so!! Lol!! Only nation in Europe to not go by the euro?? It sounded familiar that you go by the pound still but I wasn’t 100% sure.

1 Like