I looks like I'm going to have to wait

My pdoc was maybe going to do blood work on me to see why I feel rundown and moody. He thinks it’s a physical vs mental problem.

The medical assistant told me today that I would have to go to LabCorp to get blood drawn. With Covid19, they are having people wait in their cars, and they will text you to come in. I don’t drive or have a car anymore to wait in, so I’m going to have to skip the blood work until I see my primary care physician May 4th. She has a place I can wait.

So I’m just going to have to feel bad for a month and a half until I can see my PCP.

3 Likes

Did you place a call to LabCorp and ask them to accommodate if they can?

3 Likes

No. I haven’t done that.

1 Like

Can’t someone with a car take you?

1 Like

I don’t know anyone with a car I could ask. It would be nice if I did though.

1 Like

Taxi?Uber? Lyft? Are you close with your case worker or therapist at? Maybe one of my them would take you. Once my therapist went with me to apply for a job.
I went out to coffee a couldn’t le other times meds with a county worker. They do stuff like that sometimes.

1 Like

Damn stupid iPhone. I’m going to throw it out the window on the freeway. I tried to say that my last
Case worker took me out to coffee twice.

1 Like

I can check now that I’ve been assigned a new case manager. Maybe she would take me.

3 Likes

My case manager is super nice.
She would do this for me, I’m certain.

Maybe your new caseworker would take you?

You never know.

2 Likes

It’s worth trying.

2 Likes

Last summer they weren’t driving clients due to Covid19, but I heard about my new case manager picking a client up. So I don’t know now.

1 Like

Yeah things are getting better now a bit.
You never know until you ask @anon54988740.
Good luck!

2 Likes

My case manager drove me to get my 1rst and 2nd covid shots during the height of the pandemic. She knew I didn’t drive or own a car.

2 Likes

Thanks Skinny me.

1 Like

We both wore masks and I sat in the back seat.

I hope your case manager is accommodating to you as well. It will depend on her company’s policies.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.