I like to make certain people feel special, but

… I think I get a bit too carried away, sometimes. I find these days, I’m afforded the opportunity to do it, since I really didn’t get much of a chance growing up. Do any of you find the same issue with this illness? It’s something I’m trying to be more mindful of, for myself.

2 Likes

Same here mim…btw how old are u…???

39 years of age!

1 Like

U look hancy my friend are u working at the moment…??

Sort of. I just started working at a place that mostly employs people with disabilities.

2 Likes

Do you earn something …??

The position doesn’t earn much, but it does give me more of a sense of purpose.

1 Like

I have what someone close to me once called a “caretaker gene”, meaning I tend to take care of anyone else before me, especially if it’s someone I care about.

I’m not gonna be all Mother Theresa, because I’m certainly no saint, but if I have something that someone I care about doesn’t, I’ll share it with them in a heartbeat.

1 Like

I like to make my family feel special.

I like to make certain people in paranoia to feel special. But in reality I ignore.

Ok, so maybe I am being kind of hard on myself. When you try to put yourself out there, it can sometimes seem like one has overstepped their boundaries, even though most times at least, I’m not. It can be a big risk to open yourself to others. I can be really sensitive that way.