I know I'm not thinking straight

I’m tired and frustrated I still hurt. I was sleeping but then I woke up and now I’m having issues falling asleep because of pain. My head feels like its full of cotton. Every little noise is grating. Like nails on a chalk board. Im trying not to get paranoid.

What’s the doc say about the physical pain? Can you get better painkillers? I know it’s a tougher market these days but nothing worse than pain. It really is a leveller to most people and at our current medical tech the best painkillers are uber addictive…I’m sorry your suffering!

Going in for physical therapy tomorrow. Not on any painkillers just ibuprofen. Frankly I’d be worried about taking a stronger medication for pain. Substance and drug abuse runs in my family.

2 Likes

Yeah hearing that. Some handle better than others. Just regular and medicated doses with the over the counter stuff but know your doing that. I’m sorry you can’t sleep. I’m up for a bit…what is on your mind otherwise?

1 Like

A lot of frustrations. Just plans being changed last minute which I hate and things not working out. Thats the biggest thing.

I know its probably dumb but a part of me is worried about physical therapy tomorrow. Its something Ive never done. I don’t know whats going to happen.

Yeah anything different is stress. That is hard for me and most folks too. It’s a journey but keep in the now and try not to think too far ahead and just turn up and do it. I tended to overthink everything when younger. I’d have all these scenarios but those situations were ok when I got there…if you get my drift!

1 Like

Yeah I have a habit of ovethinking as well. Its gotten better but its definitely still there.

1 Like

It gets better…but know the feeling all too well. It’s those things that help you de-stress which are the go. Breathing. Keeping calm…anyway you can do it!

1 Like

Sometimes its really hard to not be paranoid. Its exhausting fighting it and keeping my mind on track and where it needs to be.

Breathing as much as my body allows st the moment.

The asians really had it down when it comes to body mechanics and calming strategies. Overactive minds need some calm…and most sz folk are overactive minds for sure. Still. Keeping occupied whilst your awake till you can sleep. Do something that isn’t stimulating…I tend to watch mindless tv. I love bad reality tv like MTV shows. Just mindnumbing but so easy to watch…haha. I’m not the brightest these days!

1 Like

I might try to find a show. I was gonna continue my painting but just dont have the motivation at the moment.

1 Like

Yeah keep the mind still. Watch something that doesn’t make you think other than basic thoughts. Keep it simple where your not overly engaged. I’ve made a living out of it because I find it’s so hard to concentrate over time with something like a movie…watch something old and funny perhaps…anyways. We are all different but calm the mind!

1 Like