Schizophrenia.com

I know I need my Ap's but studies like this worry me

My private pdoc wants to lower my dose of abilify maintena from 400 to 300 mg, (15mg to 10mg) and then go from the injection to 5mg pills
I’m a bit scared because I don’t know if I’ll take the pills, but there is no 5mg injection.

1 Like

I just realised I’m 29 years on antipsychotic meds
I’m more sane and happy and well than I’ve ever been
14 years since my last episode

6 Likes

I’m asking my pdoc to lower my Risperdal dose down to 3mg from 4mg.
Hopefully she agrees.

2 Likes

I’ve improved my life on olanzapine. Sure does make me function like most human beings.

6 Likes

Would you mind telling me what chapter of Surviving Schizophrenia it’s in? I have the 7th edition.

1 Like

I believe it’s unethical to test meds on monkeys or any other animal

4 Likes

I dont care if it does.

1 Like

I wish I could have a lobotomy as I am not for this world and my pathetic suicide attempt didn’t work either

I hope I get so ■■■■■■ I am not conscious of my surroundings

1 Like

What chapter what is in? I have sixth addition. IF you mean the monkey study its mentioned in “Chapter 8 The treatment of Schizophrenia” Page 203 of the sixth edition. Heres the quote:

“In monkeys, antipsychotics have also been observed to decrease gray matter volume. We need much more research to understand the relationships beteween medications and these brain changes.”

1 Like

I have been on olanzapine for about 13 years and I definitly feel that my brain gradually has become weaker. I remember about 6 years ago I suddenly couldn’t sleep anymore if I skipped the dose for one night(which i did occasionally if I had drank alcohol). So there’s no doubt it messes up the brain. I’m thinking about switching meds. At least then I wouldn’t inhibit exactly the same brain receptors, and I might recover some.

1 Like

Have been on small dose of meds for 41 years. My cognition is pretty good for age 73.
Schizophrenia itself without meds is associated with brain mass loss anyway.

6 Likes

This is something I’m really afraid of too.

1 Like

they can gove you less of shot by measuring i think

is it not helping you?

I have spoken with my psychiatrist and for now they will not reduce my doses because they consider that I am stable like that

1 Like

ok so your going to continue the shot? Do you have any side effects from it?

Yes, I will continue with the 400 mg dose, I do have side effects but my pdoc says that I do not have, that the fatigue I have is due to benzodiazepines

I have the option of having my private pdoc provide me with the abilify in less doses, but I would have to pay for it and it is very expensive

im hoping this is my case and i get better on vraylar

1 Like

I’ve definitely noticed that I’m getting less sharp. (A nice way of putting it). It has really been bothering me lately. I’ve been on about 1mg haldol for 10 years.