I know I need my Ap's but studies like this worry me

I did those while psychotic haha Yes minimum dose required to stop symptoms is best, I am on the minimum dose, 4mg Risperdal. I am paranoid and delusional on 3mg.

1 Like

Yeah, im going to talk my pdoc down to 10mg of abilify instead of 15mg next time I see her.

2 Likes

I like being on the maximum dose plus a second AP. I am pretty bad without meds.

2 Likes

Then you are at the right dose.

Haha, me too. I truly thought they could understand me.

1 Like

I think they mean the minimum effective dose.

3 Likes

I want as low a dose as possible. I only have delusions when im extremely stressed or have a real bad pms month though. Not always.

And yes i meant the minimum effective dose! Which is different for all.

2 Likes

im not worried about medz.i just hate the side effects.my brain is screwd up anyway.

1 Like

I think people need to take more amounts or the maximum amounts of medicine. Some people need to. because some people are worse than others.

Well I would prefer no meds too. I hate having to take them but I spent the first 6 years I was sick trying to come off of them and that was a rough 6 years. I quit taking them and then figured out I had to have them. It was a tough lesson to learn.

I may try to dose down again one day.

2 Likes

Schizophrenia tends to get better with age so you may need less as you get older.

2 Likes

oh, ok…is that like a fact, or is it backed up by research.

I understand!

I think people should take the lowest dose that works well for them. Some psychiatrists overdo it, which i feel isnt fair. But some people just need high doses. It varies a lot. If you give me a medium high dose you quite literally knock me out (fainting etc).

2 Likes

I hope you are right.

If you are talking to me?? i read it in a book

I read it in a book im reading so its probably true. Maybe not true for everyone

1 Like

oh cool, I’ve never known this for sure.

At the end of the day, smart scientists Drs are formulating a med for an illness that is hard to figure out and has helped most of us get out if the hospital. Trust the science. It will get better.

2 Likes

That’s nice!

I know for me simple things like understanding my life story and learning to understand and express emotions better helped a lot too. But that’s probably because i was so terribly bad at it.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t care about a bit of brain shrinkage as long as I am sane. There are a lot of peeps who take APs for 10-20+ years and they’re fine.

2 Likes

its a bit of a catch22 if thats true, you either get some brain matter loss from the meds, or you get brain matter loss from psychosis.
psychosis is really not a good time.

2 Likes