Schizophrenia.com

I kind of lied to a friend

So my best friend from high school was wondering why I couldn’t go out to lunch with her and two of our other high school friends the 24th… so I told her “I have a screening at the hospital to see if I have cervical cancer” which isn’t a TOTAL lie because I am getting screened for it- just not till beginning of July.
I’m really getting an ultrasound the 24th to check for physical abnormalities on the baby… but I couldn’t tell her that because then lots of people would find out I’m pregnant…

My question is, how should I explain to her on the 20th that that was a lie and I’m actually getting an important ultrasound?

I was thinking of sending/texting her my first ultrasound photo… and being like “hey… so on the 24th I’m actually getting an ultrasound to check for abnormalities on the baby because I’m a high risk pregnancy… please don’t be upset that I told you it was for cervical cancer screening cause I still have an appointment for that. It’s just not till the beginning of July…”

Does that sound okay??

3 Likes

Start with the pregnancy announcement itself. She’ll understand.

1 Like

So only send her a photo of the ultrasound? And wait for a response?

I just don’t want her to think I made up the cervical screening thing completely…

But I guess we can discuss that part after I announce the pregnancy…

2 Likes

I think what you suggested is perfectly reasonable thing to say.

1 Like

Okay thanks :pray: @StarCrazy

I’m gonna ask my moms opinion too but I thought it wouldn’t hurt to get multiple opinions

I think you’re stressing too much about her reaction. All you can do is explain the situation and clear it up however which way you go about it.

2 Likes

Hahah you’re probably right :sweat_smile:

Thanks @fractaled

1 Like

I think your guilt tripping yourself. If you’re not ready to tell people, then don’t. I’m sure she will understand once the news comes out that your pregnant.

3 Likes

Yeah… maybe I am guilt tripping myself…

Idk

1 Like

Yeah I also agree @Cragger . I almost wrote this in the response but I thought it might be convoluted. If you don’t want to explain - don’t. It won’t make much difference to them and they probably won’t find out. And its not like you’ve fabricated an illness or something.

Its up to you really, but its your business/news etc.

3 Likes

Pregnant women lie all the time in the early days of pregnancy when they don’t want anyone to know just yet. I think most people understand that.

The good news is your friend probably won’t be speculating about whether or not you’re pregnant like they would if you made an excuse to drink a soda instead of a cocktail during an evening out.

But I would feel the same though. I hate lying and always think everyone can tell when I do it.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and good luck on the ultrasound!

1 Like

Thank you Gamera!

Yeah, I suppose i shouldn’t feel too bad- lots of pregnant women lie in early pregnancy, that’s true

1 Like

Yes, she’ll understand.
It’s ok @Human

1 Like

I think what you want to say is fine. Just start with Guess what ?! I’m pregnant! Or something along those lines. Then explain why you said it was a screening instead of an ultrasound. She’ll be fine. It’s ok

1 Like

Okay! Thanks pianogal🙂

1 Like

Tell her you were out of the country.
If you’re going to lie, lie big.

1 Like

I’m sure that’s the way to do it🤔

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.