I keep on saying "nunchaku" all the time

It is like when @Om_Sadasiva kept on saying “Jiu Jitsu,” just another word (maybe it’s a verbal epidemic)

It´s a strange brainbug, something compulsive. I hope it stops soon, its annoying.

4 Likes

I say certain non-sense sentences as well. But I won’t write them here because they are in Italian (I live in Italy) and they’re so specific to me that people would find me if I wrote them here and they searched for those sentences. But I think it’s normal. Usually they say it’s a sign of Tourette.

2 Likes

I say silly things all the time.
It’s frustrating.

1 Like

Yes @ireallylovehugs i also think of it as a kind of mild tourette, interesting you have such a specific word that you would disclose yourself if you used it. Im curious.

@Om_Sadasiva Oh yes, its annoying, but as long as you don’t say it in public it’s harmless

2 Likes

That’s because it’s a very non-sense sentence that makes no sense and includes names of local grocery stores in my area, in a sentence that makes no sense. Better not say it here.

Oddly, I can perfectly control it while in public or with other people. But when it’s just my family, it’s very difficult to control it. I have no idea why.

2 Likes

Ha, ha. I think i know what you mean. A couple of years ago i said one specific nonsense word, even to my friends, but not to strangers. The word was “santagustamos” and i really don’t know where it came from or what it meant. Then all of a sudden i stopped saying it… The brain is such a strange thing

2 Likes

Hahaha I do those kind of things :joy: and human brain is a strange thing in general, not just yours. Completely different from other animal species. I believe there are plenty of things we don’t know about the human mind. At least, not yet. It can be heaven or hell. Or neutral.

1 Like

It’s not tourette.
It’s disorganized symptom

1 Like

I don’t think it is either of them. Sounds more like a touch of OCD to me.

I have certain silly phrases that I like to say out loud when I’m alone. They amuse me, and sometimes they even make me laugh. One example of the silly words I use is schizophrenesy.

-Albert.

2 Likes

It’s disorganized symptom.
I speak with invisible beings,
I laugh hysterically,
I make grimaces, gestures etc.
Dancing, saying neologisms etc.

I don’t have any OCD.

3 Likes

Ha, schizophrenesy sounds like my favourite brand of Cognac - Hennesy

Yes sometimes when it’s not too obsessive it can be quite funny.

Once i was watching TV and all of a sudden I shouted (in danish): “Svinehundene formerer sig i afsindige skarer”

And then I laughed at myself.

It means something like:

“The swine dogs are breeding in frantic crowds”

Perhaps you have a better translation @schizornot , I assume you can speak swedish?

Man, sounds to me like you might be a closet pokemonologist.

1 Like

Schizophrenetic and schizophrenility are a couple of others.

Maybe this: “The swine-dogs are breeding in frantic/frenzy/wild/crazy/insane hordes”. I had to research the word “afsindige” and found there are many possible translations.

-Albert.

1 Like

Yes i also repeat some stupid nonsense words especially in the mornings. Some of them pass and i m finding new ones instead

1 Like

Yeah, you can make fun @NotSeksoEmpirico but beware - this stuff is contagious (in fact it is, to a certain degree) so suddenly it’s you that are running around shouting “NUNCHAKU”

@schizornot - schizophrenetic sounds like a very special kind of manic schizophrenia

1 Like

I get short words and phrases that repeat in my head all day, usually multiple at a time that rotate. Like in Joyce’s Ulysses where phrases like “Rose of Castille” and “Agenbite of Inwit” keep showing up in different variations. Ironically “Agenbite of Inwit” is one of the ones that i get a lot, just from reading that book.

That’s also why i hate advertisements and signs, because they put more of these loops in my head intentionally.

1 Like
1 Like

My “schizophrenia” begins with manic, uncritical thinking. Soon enough I start to get wild hypotheses some of which can become delusions.

-Albert.

1 Like

om mane pudme hum

2 Likes

Off meds I repeated Achtung a lot, I read it on my pc power supply when I was young. It means attention in German.

1 Like