I just took my first Caplyta

Abilify which wasn’t working the best on my symptoms. This is day two of taking Caplyta.

1 Like

Okay. I have never tried Abilify. Is this new drug supposed to be weight neutral?

1 Like

I’m not really sure. Maybe four months ago I asked my pdoc if I could try Seroquel as Abilify wasn’t working. He said he wanted to put me on Caplyta but it was too expensive. I was just approved for a grant to pay for the Caplyta last Friday. I put myself on the waiting list back when I asked about the Seroquel. My pdoc wouldn’t let me have that one because of my diabetes.

1 Like

I lost weight on Abilify. I don’t know about Caplyta.

Okay. I am pretty sure the VA doesn’t have that anyway if it’s real expensive. I take Latuda and I am surprised they have that. But I put on some weight with it.

As long as I stay on my Geodon I wouldn’t mind exploring alternatives to Latuda.

Let me know how it goes.

1 Like

@ElGato I am supposed to start my first dose of caplyta tonight and I’m very leery. I don’t know if I should.

1 Like

Caplyta works great for me it was sedating at first but now my insomnia kicked back in but I still take it at night

1 Like

Caplyta doesn’t bother me much. I slept very well the first two nights, and it wasn’t as sedating the second night. The only side effect I’m having is dry mouth when I wake up in the morning, and my pharmacist recommended Biotène mouthwash for it.

If your pdoc prescribed it, you should start taking it.

1 Like