I just found out I was sick

Hi, it’s too fresh for me and I am still wondering how long it will take me to accept my diagnosis. I made a psychosis in 2013 with hallucinations - never happened before in my life. I was living abroad and I had to go all by myself in the hospital telling them I see and hear things that aren’t there. Doctors were in shock I make difference between reality and delusion. I started abilify, in 2016 I came back to my country of origin. So this year I had another psychosis - longer and no hallucinations. I didn’t know one can have a psychosis without hallucinations. But I was feeling things are not going well. Plus a psychiatrist here advice me to stop abilify and start depakine. After consulting another psychiatrist I quit that too. I was so focused at the beginning of the year, studied 10 hours a day and lost 30kg. Then things started falling apart. 2-3 months ago I made thromboflebitis - bad varicose veins. As I was so paranoid that my family is against me I went by myself in hospital again. While I was hospitalized my family contacted many people and found me a genious psychiatrist - unfortunately she diagnosed me paranoid schizophrenic. I react excellent on medication, moditen and akineton and soon she’s going to put me on abilify again but bigger dosage than in 2013. This is the crappiest year of my life. I have shared my diagnosis only with friends abroad. After 8 years abroad I have no friends here in my home country. Just wish to communicate with people in the same boat cause there are no support groups here.

2 Likes

What is your home country?

sorry I didn’t say,I m still paranoid because I know this diagnosis has to be secret from many ppl,I m from and in Bulgaria

Hi VanGogh

Welcome to the forum!

I am from Romania, we are almost neighbors :slight_smile:
I was living abroad too, when my psychosis started, in 2014.

Feel free to browse the forum for topics that interest you, chances are whatever you want to know about this illness has already been discussed in previous threads. Also, if you have questions about the illness, you may create new topics under the “DX’d sz/szA” or “DX’d - Other” categories.

2 Likes

Hi Andrey!:slight_smile: yes,we are neighbours,so many ppl unlock schizophrenia while abroad,eh? :confused:
I will educate myself,thank you,I am still struggling with my focus and patience.Obviously my brain was fried again from the last psychosis.I wish things were moving faster.I m working on a painting less than an hour each day - it looks like crap right now. I wish I was capable of more concentration - I guess it will come with time

1 Like