I joined a group for grieving parents

Everyone keeps telling me that Katelyn was never real, that she is just a delusion, but the pain and sense of loss is so real. I thought I was at the end of my healing journey, but recent life events have brought all of my pain and grief back to the surface. It’s taking everything I have not to break down sobbing constantly.

I’m sorry. This sounds so awful. I hope the support group helps.

1 Like

who was Katelyn?

sorry to hear you grieving… I hope the group will help you.

1 Like

Thank you @ZmaGal . It’s definitely helping :heart:

1 Like

@lekkerhondje Katelyn was my daughter, and I loved that kid with all my heart

ah sorry for your loss… what happened to her if you don’t mind me asking that?

I’m in a lot of groups like that and I will 100% guarantee if they find out you made her up you will be blocked. I get that delusions feel real, but it’s not uncommon for people to fake pregnancy and child losses and it’s beyond ■■■■■■ up.

Do what you have to do, but I don’t think encouraging this delusion is a good idea.

6 Likes

@LED I’m really sorry. I don’t want to hurt anyone. I’m just having a really hard time processing… everything

The daughter was a delusion @lekkerhondje

Please don’t join a support group for grieving parents if you haven’t lost an actual child. I think you need to join a support group for people with mental illness and see a psychologist or therapist. People who have lost actual children will not understand you, even though you struggle emotionally with this delusion. We lost a young niece to cancer, and I miscarried once, so at this point I dont understand the sadness you are going through. I don’t see our grief is equal. I’m sorry to say this because I don’t want to trivialize your pain. .

6 Likes

I think you need to think about the effect this wil have on other people. You deserve help and support, but grieving parents are not where you should be looking for that support. They need to focus on their own healing, not yours. I also think listening to them talk about their own dead children will make your delusion stronger, instead of helping you overcome it.

3 Likes

@LED @anon78876561 @ninjastar

You’re right. I’m so sorry.

3 Likes

@ninjastar can we lock this thread?

2 Likes