I have to be on antibiotics

I’m slighlty concerned about side effects.

So usually people are on a course of antibiotics for up to a week but I have to be on it for 2 weeks plus its two types, second one for 5 days. Taking 2 of each per day.

How are your experiences with antibiotics and how many days were you on them for.

I’m just trying to familiarise myself with the world of antibiotics as I usually try to avoid them if possible but this circumstance, I really need them for a private reason.

2 Likes

I was on antibiotics for a tooth infection a few years back. Don’t remember how long I took them, but they were very effective at taking down the swelling in jaw and face. I had zero issues.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t have any major problems if it’s only for 2 weeks. Maybe a bit of stomach upset possibly.

2 Likes

You should be just fine @Zoe
Like @everhopeful said, it’s only for 2 weeks.

By the way I like your bangs!
Looking good

4 Likes

That’s good you had no side effects

Thanks @everhopeful and @Wave

Yea I do hope it’s gonna be OK. I do catastrophise a little sometime. But generally I focus on the positive.

Thanks about my bangs. They’re actually uneven will need to recut them! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The main side effects are:

• Hormonal birth control will not be effective
  • stomach issues

You can combat the stomach issues by taking a probiotic. The birth control issue, just use condoms as a backup.

1 Like

Thanks Ninjastar, appreciated. :pray::sparkles:

1 Like

Oh, and you might be more prone to yeast infections, but the probiotics should also help with that.

1 Like

Yea I do seem to have lost a bit of appetite. Maybe something’s going on in my stomach or bowels. My medication sheet says I should report it if it is ongoing. It’s a strange feeling for me, as a prior binge eater. That’s cool to know about the probiotics. I guess prebiotics would be helpful too in vegetables.

1 Like

Not nearly as much. The amount of probiotics in the supplements is much higher. Think like, an entire vat of yogurt vs one single spoonful. You can get way better results from getting the supplements.

1 Like

That’s good to know. Thanks. I’ve never actually tried probiotics. The thought of eating a whole colony of bacteria makes me uncomfortable but they’re friendly ones so yea.

1 Like

Yes, I always get diarrhea while on antibiotics. But once I finish, I just eat probiotics and the world is okay again. :grin:

2 Likes

Oh OK. Have not had diarrhoea but something to be aware of.

Thanks @anon55031185

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.