I have failed :-(

well it’s now sunday and i didn’t have my shower yesterday…i am ill at the moment with the flu but that’s no excuse i guess. i stayed in bed all day instead, did no housework bar loading the dishwasher, tidying the kitchen and cooking dinner. i could’ve taken a quick shower, i really could but i ate my dinner and fell asleep instead. now it’s sunday afternoon and i’m working myself up to getting in there. so i’m a day late. my hair looks like ■■■■ and i smell of perfume and cigarettes. my clothes need changing and i feel like ■■■■. damn flu. i will get in there today if it kills me…as i like to be clean and bald in all the right places lol. i hate being prickly. anyone else miss their shower yesterday? or is it just me? :frowning:

2 Likes

I sort of skipped too lol.

Ya I missed too. Just couldnt get the motivation to get in there.

I dunno there’s frost on the ground where I live and I’ve been letting my beard grow out a bit to stay warm. I don’t really know why I didn’t shower, we’re always rushing to do something so I guess I slacked lol.

I STILL don’t consider myself a failure though lol.

You havent failed @jaynebeal, you have a lot on your plate as it is - being a full time Mom isnt easy. Call it a minor setback, but dont consider it as failure. I do hope you feel better soon! :smiley:

3 Likes

You haven’t failed @jaynebeal you’re being to hard on yourself. You’re ill… I know when I had the flu last week I felt the same…

1 Like

i should have showered yesterday but i didn’t…hair looks like hell…didn’t do any housework,stayed in bed and i am not even sick…hope this helps you to see that you are not a failure…you are just having some of “those days”…hang tough…grace

1 Like

I skipped a couple of showers over the weekend. I took one this morning, though. I shower daily during the week. It’s best to push yourself when it comes to showers. They can make a difference in how you feel.

1 Like

@jaynebeal don’t beat yourself up you have the flu for crying out loud ! I only shower about once a week so I wish I would shower more.

1 Like

missing a shower is no big deal in my opinion. I try to shower at some point over the course of the day but missing a shower is no big deal to me.

It isn’t a failure until you have passed the opportunity to complete the task.
The shower will still be available to you when you are ready to do it.

the best thing…JayneBeal is to sleep off the flu if you can.

wishing you speedy recovery

judy

1 Like

Yeah, I did + went out this morning in dirty clothes. Tried to keep to myself.

it’s good to know i’m not the only one :slight_smile: it’s 10.24pm and the night is still young and i plan to get in the shower before it’s done. you’re all right…i have the flu. it’s no big deal missing one day. i’ve turned on the hot water. just waiting for it to heat up then i’ll be in there. on the plus side. i did a bit of food shopping and cooked max’s dinner and wormed one of my cats so today isn’t a total loss. and of course i loaded the dishwasher. on the downside i’m hungry and i haven’t got the energy to cook…ooooh i know…i’ll have a sandwich while i’m waiting for the hot water. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

jaynebeal you do better than me, mine is every two weeks…never managed to beat the record yet !?!
take care

1 Like

fell asleep so that was two whole days without a shower…will get in there today as my mum is coming and i don’t want her to see me like this!! i know i’m ill but even so…i’ve got to get in there at some point this morning or afternoon. can’t fookin wait. just taken my morning meds so sleep time for now.

1 Like

no sleep, no shower but i did get my hair washed and a strip wash which is better than nothing. temperature down to 101 so i’m getting there. will get out of my pyjamas in a mo as i have to take choop choop to the vets as he has an ear infection, poor thing. we’re laying on my bed suffering together lol.

1 Like