I have Diabetes and, Nerve pain

Because of Medical errors, I was on a drug called Valproate, which has given me Testicle atrophy . . Now my Testosterone is low and, my muscles don’t burn sugar, very well . .

In the last two weeks, I’ve had burning pains in my hands and, upper back, also feet, arms . . I’m trying to exercise more and, eat more healthy . . But, I don’t know . .

I’m on Clozapine ( Clozaril) which is known to cause Diabetes and, I asked my Psychiatrist and, he said he knew about it, of course . .

I wanted to ask for help, it feels my body is dying and, being destroyed, by the drugs . .

Does any-one find them helpful . .

for instance, Robert Whitaker has said in a talk, he’s a Harvard University journalist, I think, or he was, he’s won prizes . . Well, he said in a talk, that normal people and, schizophrenics have similar levels of dopamine and, the NIMH concluded this . . And, that the whole theory we have too much Dopamine and, need Dopamine-receptor Blockers is false . . In the sense, that it’s Not the Dopamine - system that cause schizophrenia / delusion . . Has any - one else heard of this ? !

Maybe the drugs work in other places, No one knows, but Psychiatrists have known since 1985, good Psychiatrists . . That the Dopamine theory is not good or, use-ful - -

So, if the drugs cure Psychosis, Delusions, it’s Not by blocking Dopamine . . I’m trying to Under-stand . . . Has any-one read R. Whitakers books, one is called ’ Mad in America ’ and also, ’ The Anatomy of an Epidemic ’ . . .

Here’s the talk, I think . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R6MXO2j0V0

Hi @Jesper_Bech
You are jumping into conclusions here. Are you taking your medications? Studies are only studies. It’s all hypotheses. Please do not conclude that studies are actually true.

You have already made several threads about this. Please do not repeat information that you have already said. Like I have said, if this matter concerns you, please see a doctor. If your doctor does not have any concerns towards you, then you don’t have to worry so much.

Best wishes.

Just because having too much dopamine may not necessarily be the cause of schizophrenia doesn’t mean that lowering it can’t help. Plus, that’s not the only thing that our meds do. If it were, then every med would work for everyone. There would be no need for variants. At least, that’s my theory.

I agree, the Drugs might work in other ways, have other effects . . They’re just known for blocking dopamine receptors and, many articles say ’ 70 % Dopamine receptor Blockage ’ is when it works, is anti-psychotic . .

I think the drugs shut down all the brain or, mostly . . And, when it does that, the Psychosis ’ dies ’ with the rest, of the brain . .

It feels like, it’s using a shot - gun to try and, hit a Bull’s - eye . . May-be I’m imagining things, I hope not . .

Thank you plorans, I’ve read your posts . .

I agree, Drug options is very Important . .

I also agree, by Blocking Dopamine receptors, one might get other effects, like sedation, less activity . . Before they named Dopamine receptor blockers, in 1963 they, were called ’ Major tranquilizers ’ . . They said, the early Psychiatrists, it was like a ’ Chemical lobotomy ’ . . Then, in 1963, an Article said they were Anti-psychotics - My point is, if Giving some-one a Lobotomy is ’ positive ’ then, theoretically The drugs are good . . I Want to say, the Drugs can have good effects, like Helping sleep, lowering Rest-lessness . .

This might shock you, but according to this article the new Drugs aren’t that different from the old ones, but you can read it your-self . . It’s what Leading British psychiatrists think, about Our drugs . . .

Listen, I don’t want to be 100 % Anti - drugs, They have some Beneficial effects like, Sedation and, Sleepiness . . I like those aspects, a lot . . . But, I’ve also had many side - effects, I don’t care for . .

My Doctor always said, You’re crazy . . Those aren’t Side - effects . . .

Now, I’ve done research and, most of what I’ve complained about, is in science . . But, some may dis-agree, I Don’t know . . .