I have an opportunity

To take classes regarding managing anxiety. It starts this Thursday. Guess how it makes me feel. ANXIOUS. I hate being around people I don’t know. Do I give it a try?

Tell me about when you decided to go out of your comfort zone and succeeded.

10 Likes

I wish I could deal with my anxiety with classes. But it’s not “natural” anxiety , it’s abilify induced anxiety.

Definetely give it a go. I imagine everyone else will be anxious about going too.

1 Like

I think I’ll try it out

2 Likes

You should try it out,

Sounds like it could be very beneficial.

2 Likes

Sounds interesting, I would try it out

1 Like

@everhopeful and @anon54386108 and @John_Raven

Thank you for the encouragement

3 Likes

I have been out of my comfort zone twice in a couple of weeks time - once to a talent show and then to a funeral. Both turned out to be positive experiences. So my experience tells me you should go for it.

1 Like

You should definitely go. I wish I had something like that around me.

1 Like

Only every single day I’ve gone to work for the past two years and change.

1 Like

@chordy and @Air and @velociraptor

Thanks I think I’ll try to be brave

1 Like

Be brave Arlbar, give it a try as you can always leave if things get too uncomfortable for you. It is a class for anxiety so everyone there will be in the same boat as you. I hope you find the courage to go.

2 Likes

@Sarah thank you. I’m hoping for the best

1 Like

@FatMama I definitely think you should try the anxiety class. My health care provider is big on offering health care classes, both for mental health and for physical health. I’ve generally found the classes to be useful. Also, there is some measure of comfort in hearing from others who are dealing with similar issues.

1 Like

Thank you @Moonbeam
I think it is a good opportunity. Thanks for the encouragement

1 Like

I can use my daughter as an example. She was suffering from severe anxiety and depression. She was afraid to talk to people. She even had a hard time ordering her own food. I decided she was in bad enough shape at 18 years old to go to a partial patient program. She had to go all day long 5 days a week for a month. She was so scared to go I had to walk into group with her the first 3 days. She is now happy , no longer suicidal, and she is going places by herself. She turned 19 today. I will say I looked for the most reputable program in our state and I sent her there. I don’t know how she would have done elsewhere but she has a whole new lease on life. If there’s a program you can do, I say do it!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your daughter’s story @ZmaGal

1 Like

@FatMama
Last week, I had to walk a mile to and from a church, for assistance with my electricity bill. I got assistance!

I have generalized anxiety disorder with agoraphobia. I came on this site for help, before I left. It worked!

1 Like

Thank you @JustTrish
All these stories are so good to hear

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.