Schizophrenia.com

I have a theory and I'm going to preach to the forum now

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

It makes some ppl zombies but for me being a zombie is better than being violent off meds and ending up in prison probably for life.

4 Likes

Also psychosis is torture even without being violent. Some say it damages the brain so being a zombie is better.

5 Likes

I can tell you that for me AP’s did indeed take away the delusions and paranoia. I went a long time in psychosis and the only thing that changed when I came out of it was the fact that I was on AP’s. So I think you are dead wrong on that claim. Granted, there are treatment resistant Sz’s who they do not work for or only work to a certain extent.

I don’t know where you get that figure from but I highly suspect it’s not correct.

2 Likes

I read some of this. would be better on a blog, and not this site.

There’s always going to be opposition, to psych meds.
can I ask, what do people close to you want you to do?

1 Like

While I appreciate that you took the time to type this out, I have to disagree with what you said. I am treatment-resistant but even I have benefited slightly from APs. There is a lot in the research literature that disproves some of what you said.

1 Like

I get where you’re coming from @word, and can’t say I disagree with all of it. In the interest of not being pro/anti-psychiatry, I’m not going to say what I do and don’t agree with, just to say that you make some valid points, and that there is more to schizophrenia than a black and white approach. Things in life are not that simple.

1 Like

I do not know. I am not all that big or small. Things like philosophy and science and statistics give me a sense that things can be only so much. I understand some of what you are writing. Need something for skeptical people that believe things but not so fast. I don’t really know. Hard to explain, but writing what you did is good to get going. :slightly_smiling_face:

I would be delusional and paranoid out of my mind if I wasnt on antipsychotics and hearing voices too

get out of here with your anti meds approach and shame on those who condoned what you said…this forum will always be pro meds and for good reason…schizophrenics need to be on meds…period.

2 Likes

I can’t say that I disagree with everything that you’ve said. I kind of sit on the fence with medication. On one hand, it seems to help a lot of people with their symptoms. I have not found this personally, and having been through a bad depression I would rather hear the voices I have then return to such a dark hole. I’m kind of walking a fine line

I do take Abilify, and it seems to act more as a mood stabilizer than an anti-psychotic for me. For the time being I’m sticking with it

Nope. Dumbest thing I’ll read all week.