I have a solo show tonight!

I’m excited. I hope it goes well! I’m playing music at a brewery. I usually do music when I’m not feeling psychotic. I’ve been performing in various formats since I was in high school. Now I have a loop machine, I beatbox into it and sing chants and add guitar, bass, trumpet, trombone, clarinet, mandolin, violin, banjo, recorder, accordion, melodica, jawharp, washboard, harmonics, maracas, tambourine, spoons, kazoo, and other sound effects to make live organic trip hop type beats. I occasionally sing or rap over them. The show is at a brewery, I’ve never performed there, I got special permission to do so. It pays!!! I have to pack up all my gear (our roof is leaking since it snowed yesterday) and shower for once in my life lol, text people about it, drive there, set up, and hope for the best.

Any other performers in the forum? It’s so fun but it’s a lot of moving gear.

16 Likes

ask a friend to help

2 Likes

That’s so cool.

1 Like

Sorry your roof is leaking.

1 Like

Awesome! I hope it goes well!

1 Like

Why? Fifteen fifteen oh never mind, roof lol thanks

1 Like

Awesome it sounds like you know a lot about music. That’s different than I, where guitar is the only thing I play.

1 Like

They all help each other, I try but I still have much to learn. Piano is a good one to work with if you’re looking to expand. The show went great, btw, they want me to play again! I had a lot of friends there, it was a blast.

5 Likes

Sounds like you used some star power, right on dude

1 Like

I play acoustic for good causes at times and I used to book acts at coffee houses for sober 12 step folk to have entertainment…

These days i make a mental health advocacy animation of a ~Mad~Pride~ rock band…

1 Like

You mean like animation like a cartoon? Oh cool I see the link. That’s awesome! I am learning to animate too, what program(s) do you use? I do animation desk

1 Like

That’s awesome! I’m glad it went well. I used to perform and loved it. I don’t anymore though.

1 Like

I been using Crazytalk Animator…

It has lotsa presets… So i do not consider myself an actual “Animator” rather an animation artist…

I have fun tho :blush:

1 Like

I’m glad it went well. That’s great news!

1 Like

Congratulations on a great show. I’m glad they asked you back.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.