I have a load of old, pretty haggard books. What to do with them?

They are pretty much not good enough condition to go to a charity shop. Can they be recycled? I try to recycle everything I can.

3 Likes

Sometimes is the best you can do with them, recycle.

2 Likes

Yeah I feel bad about throwing them out (well recycling) but I read books to death. They are in poor condition.

2 Likes

are the torn or anything? if there are any good ones you could donate them to my library :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will look out the good ones and they can definitely go in your library! That is a really good idea!

2 Likes

thats really cool :slight_smile: , what genre are they?

1 Like

Sci-if and fantasy. Have the whole dune series you could have. They are great. Need to free up space and I tend to read amazon ebooks now anyway.

2 Likes

I have a load of good condition books you can have. Feel happy they are going to good use. Is for the library in your clubhouse right?

1 Like

yes, they will be given a good home :slight_smile:

2 Likes
1 Like

I found a book that was an obscure classic in perfect condition on sale at our library. Its dust cover was in impecable shape, and it cost fifty cents.

3 Likes

Good find! We have a show called antiques road show in the uk. On that people have found Ming vases in second hand shops and stuff.

I found this old picture of a farm boy that looked like it was in Rembrandt’s style silk screened on wood. It looked nice, but it had a big scratch in it. I’ve since wondered if that scratch was fixable, and if that picture would be worth anything if it was fixed. At that point in time, it could have been worth two-hundred dollars and I’d have taken ten just so I could get drunk.

1 Like

That’s more and better use than most books get.

Do you have roadside mini-libraries where you live?

1 Like

No we don’t have them I don’t think. :sob:

1 Like

We don’t have a lot of them, but I think they’re so cool. Another thing is leaving them in waiting rooms and lobbies - something to do while they repair your car or your doctor is backed up for hours.

1 Like

There are mental health club houses near the city which have libraries. Will donate them to those.

2 Likes

yeah, or homeless shelters, or depending upon genre new age shops,

I absolutely can’t part with my books and when I’m gone my daughter

will have to decide what to do with them. Hopefully after she reads them all.

2 Likes

I used to work summer jobs in the university library. Loved that job.

1 Like

i recently cleared out a few books that i would never have read, i figured there would be more chance of me reading them if i was sharing them and people were reviewing them, (we are looking for some book reviews for the quarterly paper that comes out) its a publication that we produce.

1 Like