I have a goal with playing in the MLS

I have goal with playing for the MLS; MLS stands for Major league soccer.

It takes a lot to be a professional soccer player these days. Lots of kids play from when they are young…like 10 years old. Add to that the dedication you need. Not saying you can’t- just that it really is a huge thing to play professional sport on any level.

1 Like

You are right, but I’ve already been playing since I was 5 years old.

1 Like

seems a bit unrealistic but i don’t want to say you can’t do it. how old are you? even if you were younger it would take hours a day of training and proper nutrition. soccer is a young man’s sport with players often retiring before age 35. it’s hard to keep up with those younger guys in their prime.

it would be hard to get a look or tryout if you don’t have any upper level playing experience, teams won’t give you the time of the day most likely. i don’t believe mls has a minor league either, making the task even more daunting. but it would be good for your health to play soccer, so keep playing even if you never make it to mls.

another thing is, teams want young talent to invest their time in. not somebody who won’t be around long. it’s the truth with all sports these days.

you see it all the time in sports. older guys who can’t move on from their playing days. wether it’s mike tyson entertaining the idea of coming back to boxing, or bartolo colon still trying to pitch, or micheal jordan struggling with the wizards. there are endless examples. drums seems to be the better choice to me.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.