I have a difficult choice

Never mind I was just talking about my debt

My mom picked 3 in this situation. When I was a kid I thought she was bad ass for saying no to bill collectors but all she got for income was social security

1 Like

How are you trying to get them discharged?

I have a credit counsellor itā€™s a non profit organization. If I decide to use #2 she will deal with the creditors on my behalf. For bankruptcy she just.hands it all over to a company to do that. If I just ignore she helps with my budget

@cbbrown all I had to do is get my pdoc to sign deferment papers and they student loans never bothered me againā€¦

1 Like

I have a letter from my Dr that each creditor will be getting

2 Likes

I signed up for disability discharged but its in limbo waiting period for three years. I have to send in paperwork showing I havenā€™t worked within the last two years

1 Like

Iā€™ve been through more financial trouble than I care to discuss, but if I were in your situation, I wouldnā€™t declare bankruptcy. I would try to make tiny, tiny payments (even $10/month) if possible. If you make even small payments and they try to take you to court, you can usually argue that you are trying to pay your bill. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s possibly for you or not. Iā€™ve been slowly paying off my medical bills for ages now.

1 Like

I would choose going bankrupt.

1 Like

I would consolidate and slowly work it out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.