I have a Covid question

This is a question I could probably look up, but I’m preparing for sleep atm and I’m hoping that someone will know the answer by morning.

I was recently due for my 2nd booster(4th shot), but I now have contracted Covid. Should I still go in for the additional shot once my isolation period is over? Or do the antibodies naturally produced to fight Covid null this need? Is it still recommended to get a booster even though you just had Covid?

Over here they are saying I can’t get a booster for a couple of months after just getting covid. I need to google it too! Hope your feeling better btw.

3 Likes

Thanks @rogueone . Yeah, I am feeling much better than the first day. I have had some stomach issues after eating but this could be related to a diabetes med a took extra of before I got new med for blood sugar. I’m not sure the stomach issue is Covid related.

1 Like

You’re still supposed to get the shot. It produces better antibodies than your infection will. You also get the benefit of protection of both the shot and the antibodies from your infection.

Edit: That’s local guidance, but you’re supposed to wait a month after the infection clears.

2 Likes

Yeah I just read and it’s available. I’m booking on monday for my second booster.

3 Likes

IDK if this is true but once you’re over your case of COVID wouldn’t a fourth booster help protect you against getting it again?

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Yeah that is what I read earlier. I guess I’ll ring and see but I saw that 3 months previously. Then I just did a government search and they said after isolation. I’ll ring em monday.

2 Likes

Couldn’t sleep so thought I’d check in on this thread before trying again.

Thanks @shutterbug . Thanks for the links @77nick77 .

3 Likes

Maybe get boosted on schedule. If you are eligible for September omicron boosters will be out.

Just FYI

1 Like

They probably recommend that you get a booster, but there are many doctors who say that natural immunity is far superior to a vaccine and the vaccine may interfere? I can’t remember, but I know they feel natural immunity is far superior.

1 Like

why is people on their fourth booster? I only had 2 jabs and no-one has mentioned the 3rd jab over here (uk)

I’ve heard of the 2 boosters.

Is a second booster available?? I recently asked my local Walmart and they said it’s not out yet… I live in Arkansas, USA hope someone knows thanks in advance

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.