I hated my wedding day

He wasn’t a bad guy. He just had problems. If he’d been more mature and if I could have an intelligent convo with him it would be different I think. He acted like a 14 year old. His mom took him out of school in the 2nd grade and he just I think remained at the maturity level.

1 Like

Maybe you’re being a perfectionist. I’m sure 99% of the people there thought it was great and enjoyed themselves.

You have to realise that no wedding goes entirely to plan.

If you had to pick just ONE thing you could go back in time and “fix”/change about it what would it be ?

2 Likes

i just now read this article, it seems like something relative maybe idk but theres some pointers maybe

http://www.calgaryherald.com/health/Marriage+Test+stick+around+when+your+partner+schizophrenia/9504098/story.html

1 Like

I spent most my reception hiding cause it was way too social and everyone was busy talking and I didn’t want to interrupt. Pictures turned out great though :neutral_face:

1 Like

I am my wife’s second husband. She had a big church wedding and a reception the first time. Her parents spent about 30 grand on it. They weren’t married a year.

We got married in the justice of the peace’s living room. I had two of my fraternity brothers there to witness it and sign the marriage certificate. No family or friends aside from the two witnesses. No pictures, no dress, no tux, no cake. None of that stuff.

We had no reception either and we were broke college kids and had no money for a honeymoon.

We have been married over 26 years. Big weddings are over rated.

I should probably also add she was five months pregnant so it was a rush job before the baby came.

3 Likes

I hated my wedding too.

It still makes me cringe to remember it.

Huge wedding, eight groomsmen and bridesmaids, tons of family and friends,

It was just horrible.

And I love my husband.

We’re going to have a redo in Hawaii for our tenth anniversary next year,

Make it about us instead of a bunch of weirdo extended relatives.

Maybe you can do something similar.

2 Likes

@Loke
That’s very sad.

@everhopeful
Everyone said they enjoyed it! It was just me. Sadly, my husband appreciates it less now that I’ve complained. I picked out a dress, and they said it would come in time. With one week left, it hadn’t come in. My parents had me pick out a different one at a different store, and they paid a gazillion dollars to have it altered last minute. I ended up spending the day at the bridal store the day before my wedding, when I should have been with out of town guests I never see. I would rather have waited on the first one. It was so much more me. I felt ugly on my wedding day, and I had so worked so hard to lose so much weight beforehand.

@noahide
Thank you for the article. It is relatable. We lived in four different places in our first three years of marriage. My husband also monitors my pills. And all the finances.

@Gin1
Sorry you had to hide! So glad you have pictures!

@TomCat
26 years?! That’s amazing!! So happy for you both!!

@anon54386108
Great idea!! So excited for you!! So bummed you didn’t enjoy your wedding. I know how that feels…

2 Likes

We lived in four different places in the first few years of our marriage, too. Different states. I bought us rings from James Avery that are the scripture of Ruth in Hebrew. They say “Whither though goest, I shall follow.” It seemed appropriate because I left everything and everyone behind in Texas to follow him, then I went with him from state to state. For a long time, I was quite homesick. Now I like where I’m at, and when we buy a house again, I want to stay in this community. It is very nice.

My wedding day was quite simple. I had a beautiful gown with a long train and a lace bodice. It was on sale for $100, and it just so happened to be my size. I wore pearl and diamond earrings, a pearl and diamond choker, and had a pearl and diamond clip attached to my veil. I made the veil myself as well as the boutonnieres and other little things like that. We had a few family members come, which was nice. We had a small reception with chairs to sit in and snacks (no tables, no meal), but my husband left to go talk to the Best Man after we cut the cake, and I just kinda stood there by myself. It made me sad. Overall, though, it went well. We just had out 17th wedding anniversary on the 18th. I think we have done well, considering I had just turned 18 when I married. We are very close, and I love him very much. I’d do anything for him.

2 Likes

@Happy_H
Happy Anniversary!! Seventeen years are amazing!! Excited for you! Sounds like a beautiful wedding!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.