I hate the med change

I used to get excited about things but my partner said at times I would get so excited about things the same thing would get me depressed like trying to set up a shop on etsy I was so excited but no sales on the day meant that I put the whole idea in the bin and got really distressed about it all

Which med are you on now?

1 Like

Hang in there. You sound to be cycling now. What was the med change…?

1 Like

I don’t think I’m cycling i think I’m missing feeling as excited I dont miss the depression though

Hey just read your message on another thread…hang in there

Depression sux balls. Getting elevated may be a concern but new days are strange days for us.

1 Like

I stopped abilify and tegretol

I’m now on lamotragine a mood stabiliser
Soon to start sertraline an antidepressant

1 Like

thank you @rogueone I dont think I’m depressed I think I just dont feel the joy in things I used to feel … but then again you don’t need to feel like crying and suicidal to be depressed

1 Like

Way too early @anon80629714. Could be some mania from activation of new meds. I’m no frigging doctor though so if your struggling hook up with your doc for some sensible advice…

These meds are severe and interesting. They can change how your think for sure so see how you go. If it’s early it can take a month or six weeks to see some results…

1 Like

I know … its helping as I’m not ruminating or worrying so much but I just don’t know how to handle that i have worried my whole life nice to feel at least some relief I guess … just need to adjust to my altered self

1 Like

thank you :slight_smile: for listening

1 Like

I switched from haldol to risperidone. It helped with my vision and became almost a normal person but depression hit me hard as well

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.