I HATE rock bottom

2 Likes

What makes you think you’re at rock bottom ?

1 Like

Spend too much time wondering when I’m going to die and doing things to precipitate that. I just want to be clear minded. I feel like a complete failure

1 Like

well there is only one way to go from rock bottom.

1 Like

Why ? :astonished:

1 Like

Voices plague me a lot

1 Like

I don’t hear voices. What was the best med you were ever on for voices ?

1 Like

I’m a few months in of clozapine. I have treatment resistant sza bipolar type. I had the flu quite awhile so that is always a trigger for me. I’m physically feeling a bit better so I’m hoping things start to improve. I see my pdoc on Monday morning

1 Like

Clozapine is supposed to be great. It’s the gold standard. I’m sure it’ll work out. Good luck with your appointment. :sunny:

1 Like

@FatMama, I had treatment resistant sza, bipolar type for years and years. It took three AP’s to finally get rid of my symptoms. Now, I’m taking a chance this upcoming Summer and going off one of my anti psychotic meds. An injectable. We’ll see how it goes. I’m doing it to see if it makes any improvement in my piano playing skills.

Getting the flu is one of my big triggers too.

1 Like

I feel you, I just got a cold from my roommate. I hate being sick since I got Sza, it makes the schizophrenic symptoms worse.

My new pdoc mentioned clozapine today as if she is considering trying it. I made a face because the pdoc from before implied that it’s a last resort and has complications. If it eliminates voices without giving me akathisia I’d totally try it.

Does clozapine not stop the voices?

1 Like

It does to an extent but he’s raising it very slowly so I’m not at the dosage I need yet

1 Like

i liked the meme at the beginning of the thread because i like it, it’s pretty accurate and most people forget. good one.

i’m glad to hear your physically feeling a lil better.

sounds like some fine tuning is involved and that can be a real pain. but you never know what dosage is going to sync things up so everything falls into place. stay strong.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.