I hate my voice

I will only speak through writing.
I hope that a more efficient method of communication will be developed in the future.

2 Likes

Sup erez…!!!

1 Like

I heard my voice on tape and was disappointed. Generally, we do not hear ourselves as others hear us.

Unless your voice is high toned like it was on helium I wouldn’t worry about your voice. Most people don’t like how their voice sounds so don’t be self conscious over it.

I’d say the same, it’s normal to not like the sound of your own voice but you do grow to accept it as a part of yourself! :blue_heart:

i dont care what my voice sounds like

1 Like

hi, there is a little experiment i tried once that makes you think your voice is awesome,
dont talk at all for a couple days - i mean no sound comes out your mouth…
next after couple days you talk and you are like - wow, is that me !

1 Like

"I hate my voice"
i love your voice

I’ve worked a lot on making my voice sound better in my music. It’s a long and arduous process. Very difficult. Used to hate my voice now it’s alright. The more you listen to your voice the more you accept it. But I think everyone has a good voice. Even musicians I don’t think have fantastic voices like Kendrick Lamar bob Dylan and chance the rapper. I still think they’re good in their own unique way.

1 Like

true. when i first started voicing my poems on soundcloud, i hated how i sounded. but after a few poems, i accepted it.

1 Like

My bro in law a couple years back said "the voice is like a muscle, the more you exercise it the stronger it becomes "

Was really helpful to hear that but still it’s a VERY slow process to change your voice. A lot of it is breathing too. But I like to believe musically AT LEAST, it becomes better overtime for most people as long as you don’t smoke too much or something that will damage it like that.

1 Like

I have a deep soulful sexy voice people tell me. When I order food from a drive through the ladies swoon.

2 Likes

No offense but your silly spins make no impression on me.
@MeghillaGorilla1

2 Likes

I’ve been told I have a very soft, child-like voice by a number of different people. I remember I used to cringe when I heard it played back to me on recordings but I’m not sure of anyone who doesn’t do that. Someone told me once I sounded like I’d be good at singing. I am :smiling_imp:

1 Like

John Lennon once told an interviewer that he always hated his voice. I think he overcame the hurdle though when he was raking in millions of dollars for “Strawberry Fields Forever” and “I Am The Walrus”.

Having 5 Rolls Royces, and a few mansions and having millions of women at his disposal for ten years might have softened the blow of disliking his own voice.

2 Likes

I have a quiet nasal, mumbly voice when I’m not doing Industrial vocals. In which case it tends to be growly or kind of like Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars.

1 Like

I guess I am in the minority here. I like my voice. I can’t sing or anything but I like my speaking voice. Everyone else probably hates it, lol. I have had a few people, in my life, tell me I have a mellow or soothing voice. Either way, I am OK with it.

I hate my voice too. I didn’t hate it when I was younger. Now, I hate it. It is a bit too deep and a bit raspy now that I am older. I hate it.