I had unwilling sex the other day I feel so disgusting Trigger warning rape

Change to another med? I feel better on Risperdal than on Abilify. I was hypersexual on Abilify and would sleep with anyone just to feed my sex addiction.

I think it is the disease too though so might aswell stay on abilify since it is working on my positives apparently…

But thanks Aziz…

I wasn’t hypersexual and never slept with anyone when I stopped the Abilify for 2 years.

I was off meds for the 2 years.

I feel the same way about abilify and appetite…

But I honestly think no matter what antipsychotic I am on,
I would still have felt paranoid.

But yea idk maybe you are right

Thankyou for the support Aziz.

1 Like

Just want to say, I am actually fine. I just had to vent that’s all but I’m OK. I’m getting over it.

Thankyou for all of your support and advice :heart:

3 Likes

You know, all my sex problems disappeared after stopping Abilify, with or without meds. Without meds I didn’t have any sex issues but I had positive symptoms. Now on Risperdal no sex problems and no positive symptoms. The negative symptoms I have now are better than these two and probably you won’t even have these negative symptoms as you’re stable on a very low dose of Abilify, 2.5mg. I was on 20-25mg.

1 Like

I’m very afraid of switching antipsychotics. Abilify is known for some good properties.

And my gut tells me switching aps is not a good idea for me.

But I’m glad that things are working out for ya.

That’s awesome.

You still thinking of trying vraylar?

2 Likes

Vraylar isn’t available here yet. I ordered L-Dopa supplement, 15% dopamine. Its supposed to improve negative symptoms for sure but need to be careful as increasing brain dopamine causes psychosis.

1 Like

L-Dopa is levodopa prescription med used for Parkinson. The supplement is legal in the US but idk if its legal in Canada. The supplement is 120mg dopamine per pill while prescription dopamine goes up to 8000mg/day for Parkinson.

1 Like

Does your pdoc know you will take this or are you keeping it to yourself?

1 Like

I don’t have a pdoc now but I will ask my gp. I already took L-Dopa before my diagnosis for negative symptoms, it helped.

1 Like

Block him, he just want to take advantage of you and exploit you. It sounds like a very abusive relationship that is not benefitting you at all.

2 Likes

Seems like everybody hates Dr. Phil on here but you got to admit he’s a very smart dude.

One thing he said that kind of resonates with me is, “You teach people how to treat you.”

Maybe that guy will leave you alone after what happened but you sent him a bad message. It is not your fault what happened but he kinda learned he can take advantage of you if he’s persistent.
You gotta cut all ties with him and show him nothing will ever happen between you two again.

Just chalk up the whole incident to experience and like others said, learn from your mistakes.

4 Likes

@zeno. And @77nick77 too, yeah, I defo made mistakes and yea I already blocked him and also changed my number.

Even if he smiles at me on the road I won’t smile back. But I think he’s got the message from my last message.

I’m not sure if it counts as exploitation because I did consent. But the thing is at that point in time I feared for my anxiety levels because of how I feared he may react, if I did not consent so it is kind of complicated.

1 Like

It does not matter if you eventually said okay. You started out saying no, and he still pushed on. No halfway decent guy would do that. No halfway decent guy would even WANT to have sex with someone who said they weren’t interested. Because they would feel dirty and gross trying to push the issue. It is, in fact, the legal definition of rape, at least where I live. Even though you eventually gave in, you tried to say no first and he kept going. I don’t know UK laws well enough, but here, he could go to jail for that.

I’m so sorry this happened to you. Please do not blame yourself. You tried saying no and it didn’t work. Your only options left were to either submit or to keep fighting and end up getting hit and forced to comply anyways.

4 Likes

I’m sorry you went through this. The guy is a heartless lowlife scumbug, please don’t trick yourself into believing you are partly to blame, you are not. You’ll survive this.

1 Like

I don’t think he would have physically hurt me at that point if I said no and walked away. But it is the way he responds verbally in the past and even just the day before that seriously makes me feel internally very unsettled if I stuck to no and walked away if he continued. Like my anxiety goes very high. And I won’t know how long that will stay with me that stressful anxiety. Because of the power of his verbal anger. Idk if that is something you can understand, the intensity and prolongation of the resultant anxiety from such a reaction from a person over an innocent answer to a request

@Ninjastar, But you are right though in the sense that I do not know what he may be capable of directly or indirectly just cos I don’t know him very very much, and what kind of friends he has, though I like to believe he is not that kind of guy.