I had a bit of "mania" yesterday and I don't have a mood disorder

It lasted a few hours. It felt great. I had energy etc. I was disappointed when it ended.

I put “mania” in inverted commas as I’m not sure what it was.

3 Likes

Giddy cabin fever?

1 Like

Who knows :joy: . It was quite strange.

4 Likes

I get that when I am coming off an anti-psychotic. It feels good. It is a dangerous temptation for me, because the manic phase always escalates until I get in trouble.

1 Like

I feel the same when stopping meds!
Its a false wellness feeling .

2 Likes

It happens to me even with meds but to a much lesser degree. I can’t sleep while having it, I sleep at 4AM. Its not called mania unless its interfering with your life, mania also makes you talk a lot jumping from one subject to an unrelated subject.

1 Like

Its hypomania, it can occur in bipolar depression.

2 Likes

You might have sza and not know it. I would talk to your pdoc about it.

2 Likes

My therapist explained to me that schizoaffective disorder is a mood disorder with a psychosis, that’s what I have.

1 Like

Never had it before but I will take a double order.

1 Like

Maybe it was a symptom of cabin fever?

1 Like

sometimes something in the past has hijacked your mind and caused your heart to race and the body to querver. with out ever knowing why. normaly.

2 Likes

My pdoc told me that it’s schizophrenia that must be treated with mood stabilizers/antidepressants in addition to antipsychotics. I don’t have any mood symptoms but I have sza because just antipsychotics don’t work for me. I don’t think sza is very well defined.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.