I got lentils in the crockpot

@Aziz. Milk in hot tea with sugar or sweetener is good if you ask me

1 Like

Good way to kill off an appetite!
Thank goodness I ate already :smile:

2 Likes

@77nick77 try those roach hotel things walmart sells they usually help… It takes time for it to work but after about a month you should find dead ones

2 Likes

I also add ground coriander, chillies and ginger and curry leaves. I usually do this in a pan but I’ll have to try in the slow cooker :thinking:

2 Likes

If I’m making a lot, I use a whole bulb of garlic and just place it straight in the dahl. Then once soft, squeeze out the garlic and stir in.

@anon44466342. I use the prechopped in the fridge kind

1 Like

@Aziz the hot sauce sounds delicious! I love all things spicy

1 Like

@Cragger. Same here!

1 Like

Man I love lentils. I love the texture and everything

1 Like

I sometimes use the squeezable garlic and ginger, but I definitely prefer the texture of the fresh. This thread is making me hungry :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I just had miso soup for lunch

1 Like

I always add a bit of olive oil when cooking lentils and I’ve now completely forgotten why. :thinking:

I also use a pressure cooker instead—done in 25 minutes or so. (Most of that is venting time)

Yep! :yum:

…and I live in a place where that’s not remotely common and people think it’s gross. :laughing:

1 Like

@rocket. Same… People put lemon in theirs around here… Like ew

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.