I got in a Clinical Psychology PhD program

I received what is basically an acceptance letter from my top choice clinical PhD program yesterday. I just have to go to an interview and not screw it up. They want me to go there- this is early to hear back and they do try to solicit their top choice applicants to go there like they did with me. Now it is my choice whether to go there or somewhere else if I get in anywhere else.

On this note, I will have to make my departure from this forum. I want to thank everyone for being a part of my recovery, as I started out on here not having a clue, and now I am far from not having a clue. You have been motivation and inspiration for me, all of you, especially the ones who have helped me out with your experience and wise words over the past couple of years or so.

As a person who is looking at a career in clinical psychology, I can’t be on here anymore. It’s due to time constraints as well- I have my classes and research and exercise regiment to tend to.

If there is one thing I want to say, it is that it is not really a matter of what we can do. No, it is a matter of what we are willing to do, because we often cannot control what we are capable of.

Again, thank you all, and remember, you are fighting a good fight. I will check in the next couple of days and then have to leave for good.

47 Likes

Congratulations…

6 Likes

Congratulations mouse! Sad you’re leaving but I get it, priorities!

Best of luck to you, you’ll be missed here

7 Likes

Good job man! Glad you got what you wanted. I wish you nothing but the best. Good luck, and fare thee well.

7 Likes

Good for you Mortimer! I wish you well on your New Journey - Take care!

4 Likes

Glad you got it, as your fallback plan was a bit scary (professional fighter or something) . Thanks for all your help and support mouse!

6 Likes

Yes! Thanks for all your support mouse!

4 Likes

Congrats, Mouse! So happy for you. Sorry we’re losing you, but so so so happy all your hard work paid off.

4 Likes

well, kudos to your acceptance to the PHD program! Sorry to see you go, your posts have been cherished on this board. good luck.

5 Likes

I’m happy for you. hope you find peace and happiness.
And i hope you will find time someday to post updates once in a while. :smiley:

3 Likes

Felicitations mouse! Best of luck to all you do.

4 Likes

Congratulations, mouse, and good luck!

4 Likes

Congratulations! You will be missed.

4 Likes

Congratulations. My ex boyfriend got into a masters program and deleted his Facebook. I hope I can do that one day like you too. I finally get my Strattera today well see

3 Likes

Congratulations I am very happy for you

All the best Kate xxx

3 Likes

Congratulations @mortimermouse . Whishing you all the best with your future endeavours. It’s sad you’re going but you leave a lot of good behind.

3 Likes

Congratulations and well deserved you’ve worked very hard.

2 Likes

Remember us when you become famous and have your own show.

:two_hearts:

4 Likes

Congratulations.
But you have to put all your eggs in one basket at times.
That means not going here.
We all have to make our priorities.
Good Luck and maybe see you on the other side of the desk in another life…

3 Likes

Congratulations and best of luck!

3 Likes